Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the difference is between a lift for a gas f250 and a diesel f250 need to know asap if anyone can help thanks:nod:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Most lift companies rate their lifts for diesels,...even though they sell them for gassers.

a 6" lift....will give a diesel 6"...and most times...it will give a gasser 7-8"

But if you are purchasing a lift,..get the one that is designed for a diesel...because bolts, holes and fitment will be different.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there is no difference? im going to buy a 8 inch lift with 39x13.5x16 iroks that i think are on a gasser i just needed to know if would work the same thanks

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
the front spring packs are alot stronger tanks right about those measurements they sound pretty accurate but that would only be the front the rears are the same usually

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm ok.... well if anyone knows for sure that they will fit the same send me a message thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the front would sit a little lower then? because they arent as strong?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Or you will be driving and the weight will just cave:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
You must be getting a good deal on this from someone that has it in a gasser, but it sounds like you don't want to hear the real answer, you just want someone to tell you it will work great...:doh:

later

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I dont know about the superdutys but the OBS trucsk actualy have wider springs on the diesels.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You must be getting a good deal on this from someone that has it in a gasser, but it sounds like you don't want to hear the real answer, you just want someone to tell you it will work great...:doh:

later
no i just want to know if it will work or not:dunno: :engarde:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that and i just want to know the difference between the to i am getting a good deal on it the guys selling the lift and tires for 1200 and the lift costs that alone

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i talked to the guy today and he said the truck had a 5.4 in it but he said it didnt matter that it would work on either

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Good luck with it bro...I hope it works like you're hoping. That is good deal.

later

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if not ill just sell it and buy another hahaha ill make some money on it

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
:thumb: there ya go!

·
Registered
738 Posts
5.4 f250 :hehe:

I don't think the front springs are gonna work. Not even sure the wheels would work if you're getting those too. Didn't they use a different bolt pattern for the light duty trucks?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts