Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been trying to read up on these mods and have just confused the crap out of myself. Can anyone help clear this up for me?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Hutch modifies the fuel pickup assembly.
Harpoon cuts the vent and fill tubes in the tank so you can get more fuel in it before the nozzle clicks off.
Go to guzzle's 7.3 mod page and look them up.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
For info and instructions on both, take a look at Guzzle's 2002 Ford Powerstroke Diesel In-Tank 'Hutch' Modification. He explains both. Basically the Harpoon mod is cutting the fill pipe in the tank. It allows you to fill up 4-5 gallons more at the pump because the foam that runs to the top of the fill pipe does not cause the nozzle (at the filling station) to constantly click off. The Hutch mod re-directs the returned (foamy) fuel away from the fuel pickup area. This will enable the truck to draw fuel that does not have as much entrained air in it. If you remove the 2 small pickup screens in the tank, then you should run some type of pre-pump filter on the system. Also make sure you do the pre-pump mod as well. Replace the QD fittings on the 3/8" fuel line. I'd run 1 piece of fuel hose from the top of the tank all the way to the fuel pump and omit the hard line all together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone have a link to his information or links to the parts ? im so darn busy with work and school i hardly have time to get on a do a lot of research like i used to unfortunately

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts