Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install the Dieselsite dual filter setup. If I am reading correctly. these filters are $10 each, which means a filter change is $20 and these filter at a finer rate than the OEM since they don't allow water past.

Since this setup is before the OEM filters, I don't see the need to change the OEM filters nearly as often as recommended by Ford. And, that is a HUGE money savings. I think this filter setup will pay for itself pretty quickly.

Those that are running this setup, how often are you changing the two OEM filters?

Thanks, Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,933 Posts
these filter at a finer rate than the OEM since they don't allow water past.

Depending on the Dahl filter you select for use.

I'm doing them in between the OEM intervals. So I do the OEM at 10k and 20k, I'll change the Dahl at 5k and 15k. etc etc etc That has me with "fresh" filters at 5k intervals.

Considering the cost of the 6.7L fuel system I would NEVER recommend leaving the OEM sets in longer than OEM intervals.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have had it since I got the truck new. I change the Dieselsite filters and the Ford filters every other oil change. I do the oil between 6000-7000 miles. I don't see it as a huge expense for the filters so I do it often. I got the Dieselsite system as insurance to hopefully prevent water from getting in and causing $10-12k of repairs. What you say does make sense but I will still change them out together.

Now I do believe in filters and maintenance. I just installed the Amsoil dual by-pass oil filter setup on my truck as well. Keep the filters changed and I expect to see over a quarter million miles easy on this truck. At 53 I am hoping it is the last one I ever buy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't even know you...but I hope it's not! 😀
Thanks but I am hoping to retire in 5-7 years. At retirement I want everything paid off. Then planning on travel for 7-10 years (more would be my choice). So keeping this 20 years would take me to that. Kept my last truck 11 years and now my son has had it for 3.5 years. Thing is going strong. Maintenance is key. With the cost of these things I just don't want to buy again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can someone who has installed the Dieselsite filter send me a pic of their bowls + a shot looking up? I just picked up one with the latest additions (newer design + shutoff valves) and I am worried I might have a leak. Ive tightened everything down but there 10+ connection points throughout the whole system...... Seems like there is a "bubble" when looking up and want to see if anyone else has the same thing.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts