Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all , for years have been wanting to get something going (motor drivetrain wise) and just never seemed to have cash ,found cash to do all my other mods :D , wtf , After sometime doing some/lots of research and help from guys like B585ford ,jeff 08stroker250, ptp(eric/nate) ,mpd(craig) ,and reading about what route others are going (capt dong,country aggie,) ,and agree with most 100% and others not so much but thats what makes this site such a wealth of info ,
The time has come she just keept puking more and more , I found a shop here locally ,great guy and just starting his own business TUFF ENUFF diesel ,here in NWI , Its started as just headgaskets and head studs , but as ALL , I want to get the most out of lifting the cab , I will have to run some of his stickers for this but hell :D , This is what im doing , oem headgskets , headstuds arp , stage 1 Elite cam , valvesprings and pushrods , MPD 6.4 log style ported exhaust manifolds , Diesel Dr 6.4 ported intake , Custom up pipes with Wastegate (precision 46mm ) and also will be installing the LP/HP batmowheels form MPD , Heres a sneak peak at the ported exhaust manifolds

Im able to lend a hand when i can , the trucks about 30 mins from me and we are about 4 days behind schedule ,Trying to get the intake in my hands so i can go get my new PORTEDINTAKE , OH also will be installing a 8" BDS 4 LINK lift with the rear springs , I had all this powdercoated gloss black to match my traction bars , and going with a set of chrome ultra predators 20's with 38x15.50 mickey thompson mt's ( thanks to 1bigpowerlineman) , Ill update as i get pics or more info -thanks for looking in

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
this sounds like fun espcially with cams. good luck to you. just got my lubeowner ported intake today. looks pretty good inside.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds awesome! I'll be watching!

·
Registered
695 Posts
hey all , for years have been wanting to get something going (motor drivetrain wise) and just never seemed to have cash ,found cash to do all my other mods :D , wtf , After sometime doing some/lots of research and help from guys like B585ford ,jeff 08stroker250, ptp(eric/nate) ,mpd(craig) ,and reading about what route others are going (capt dong,country aggie,) ,and agree with most 100% and others not so much but thats what makes this site such a wealth of info ,
The time has come she just keept puking more and more , I found a shop here locally ,great guy and just starting his own business TUFF ENUFF diesel ,here in NWI , Its started as just headgaskets and head studs , but as ALL , I want to get the most out of lifting the cab , I will have to run some of his stickers for this but hell :D , This is what im doing , oem headgskets , headstuds arp , stage 1 Elite cam , valvesprings and pushrods , MPD 6.4 log style ported exhaust manifolds , Diesel Dr 6.4 ported intake , Custom up pipes with Wastegate (precision 46mm ) and also will be installing the LP/HP batmowheels form MPD , Heres a sneak peak at the ported exhaust manifolds

Im able to lend a hand when i can , the trucks about 30 mins from me and we are about 4 days behind schedule ,Trying to get the intake in my hands so i can go get my new PORTEDINTAKE , OH also will be installing a 8" BDS 4 LINK lift with the rear springs , I had all this powdercoated gloss black to match my traction bars , and going with a set of chrome ultra predators 20's with 38x15.50 mickey thompson mt's ( thanks to 1bigpowerlineman) , Ill update as i get pics or more info -thanks for looking in

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the build. I hate to be pushy, but can you share the info. (Number & location) on the diesel shop you are using? I'm looking for a good local place myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
this sounds like fun espcially with cams. good luck to you. just got my lubeowner ported intake today. looks pretty good inside.
You going to post some pics? This is the intake i will be going with. :D

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Diesel23 just curious why you decided to go with the log style manifolds? Do they use the same up pipes as the 6.0 manifolds? They look similar.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Sounds awesome. Look forward to updates and progress!

This may seem weird but I cant wait for my truck to puke/headgaskets go out!! LOL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sounds like fun. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys!! I will be there tonight and get more pics and should have my lubeowner (diesel Dr) intake by tomorrow night, so if Capt don't doesn't post pics I will anyway, mine will have that small indention taken out, TURBO KID will get info posted about the shop, just tell him Frank sent you:thumb:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
photobucket wouldnt uoload pics on my mobil for some reason :/. i got the one with the dent in it. less complication with fuel bowl and/or shims.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys just got home from the shop ,
stu the mechanic is knocking it out !! Everything looks good so far , rockers ,valvetrain (im replacing) ,injectors
, so far only glow plugs need replaced , drivers side was problem side i think piston 1, you can see in the pics where the headgasket blew out!!
, heads going in for checking out and truing them up ,getting a price to port them ? Got my intake in hands and will make a trip to get my ported set up, Also brought home turbos !!!
Thats one of my projects !!, And Damn very heavy ,

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes he is , so far so good , he said its time to call it a night!! Been super pleased ,met the other owner of the shop tonight , The Inforcer LOL ,He had the credit card machine !! I needed to leave a deposit , I have tickets already purchased for the 2012 4x4 jamboree in indy ,so they are trying their best to make sure it Happens !!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks Guys!! I will be there tonight and get more pics and should have my lubeowner (diesel Dr) intake by tomorrow night, so if Capt don't doesn't post pics I will anyway, mine will have that small indention taken out, TURBO KID will get info posted about the shop, just tell him Frank sent you:thumb:
Thanks....and I got your back when I call :thumb:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay ,1 Ticket for 213$ for going over center , and 2 warnings 1 for speeding 67 in a 55 and My Exhaust on my civic si was not stock ,!! WTF , Then 1 Tire blow out on the way home , and a Diesel Dr. 6.4 ported intake PRICELESS :thumb: ,i got the little notch out taken out ,awesome quality !! and notice even the side restrictions are removed , heres pics

Also before i left for the road trip ,UPS came , actually missed them yesterday, ordered monday(labor day) from MPD delivered to my door Tuesday !!!!:crazy:

will be back at it tomorrow , now thinking of adding 30% nozzles ? any input -thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
dang looks like you need a camber kit on your civic.

nice looking manifold.

those are batmos?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes , Actually just gave a guy 150$ to dial my alignment in !! , cant get anymore out of it , Yes very impressed with my intake !!! And also Yes both LP / HP Batmowheels !!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Please let me know how hard it is to install with the dent vs dent removed. Also are the log type manifolds supposed to outflow the 6.0 manifolds?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts