Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find a good repair manual for a 97 diesel? All the manuals I’ve found have specifically said “does not include diesel”.

I’d prefer a paper book. Please post a link if you have it or a SKU so I could search. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
This would be the paper version of the factory service manual: "1997 F-250HD/350/SUPER Duty Service Manual Set". They are pricey new, but you can sometimes find a used set on ebay, etc. These would cover the whole truck, including the diesel engine.

Also important would be the "1997 F-Ser/Super Duty Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual". This one is worth every penny!

And, if you plan on doing any diagnostics this is what you need for that part: FCS1210697, Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis Shop Manual Set. Helm doesn't list it currently (also pricey).

You can also get these (usually from ebay) on a DVD that will usually cover a bunch of different years and model of Ford vehicles for a whole lot cheaper than paper. I do like paper though.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts