Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
8181 - 8200 of 8208 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
I think around here the signage is tied directly to the oil futures prices. Driving this morning, we were at $5.99 and I was thinking of taking the truck out for more fuel.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I burned $243 in my Freightliner yesterday, and then switched trucks and put $181 in the F450 from 1/4 tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,067 Posts
I think around here the signage is tied directly to the oil futures prices. Driving this morning, we were at $5.99 and I was thinking of taking the truck out for more fuel.

View attachment 784451
Well, of course they are tied to futures prices!
They charge according to what they are going to have to pay to refill their storage tanks.

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,067 Posts
This was my fill up on the way home from the beach.

Font Measuring instrument Clock Electronic device Display device

And this is what I paid.

Font Screenshot Slope Software Multimedia

I saved a whole $10 on a fill. But hey, that is 1/6 of the cost of a half gallon bottle of decent bourbon!

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Well, of course they are tied to futures prices!
They charge according to what they are going to have to pay to refill their storage tanks.
So you don't think I understand that.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment about each pump addressing the price in real time to the futures market.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
So you don't think I understand that.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment about each pump addressing the price in real time to the futures market.
No offense intended.

Reactions: TKR

·
Registered
2002 F250 7.3 4R100 SCLB
24 Posts
Wow diesel lower than petrol. We don’t see that here!
Diesel is typically close to a dollar per litre cheaper than petrol as road tax is not added to it , we don't have what you call farm or red diesel ...... here you buy what's called ruc (road user charges) in blocks of 1000km or 621 miles , the price varies depending on what the max glw weight of your vehicle is.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Topped off after the trip to the beach at $5.23 and was happy to find it so cheap. Saved a whopping 7 cents per gallon with the Mudflap app. First time I used it. Fortunately the station was on my route running errands.

Jeebus. I just typed that. Happy to find diesel at $5.23. SMH. and FJB.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well we’re up to $5.44 as of yesterday. Even regular gas is over $5.00 now. FJB.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwif250 and TKR

·
Registered
2012 Ford F250 PSD
284 Posts
Only one station in the area still under 6$.... Grampy's independent at 5.999/g the rest are above and range as high as $6.599/g thanks Shell!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Paid attention to the signs yesterday when I was at one of the stations. Diesel is $5.25 here in west central MO. I never thought I'd see California prices here.

• Wow
Reactions: The Bone and TKR

·
Registered
126 Posts
Who wants to bet against diesel above 10 a gallon before the end of the year?
I’m not, they are punishing the truckers for daring to complain about the “regime” and their policies which in turn is punishing all Americans. Brandon wasn’t elected, he was installed.

BlackRock corporation controls many countries and apparently ours as well. They were the first to call for all corporations to push the lgbtlmnop agenda or they would punish them financially. And they can because that corp. is worth more than most countries GDP. Most people haven’t even heard of them, they like it that way.

Reactions: TKR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuel Prices

Just wondering how much are you paying a gallon for a fuel where you live? What's the best price you've seen?
I live in Summerfield, Fl. At the Pilot station on I-75 it was around 3.50 a gallon about 20 miles south of here in lecanto I found it for 2.85. I went back to refill and it had went up to 3.00 in lecanto though.
6.46 a gal in Californication!!!

·
Registered
2002 F250 7.3 4R100 SCLB
24 Posts
Diesel up to 2.72/ litre this weekend - up 10c/litre this week.

A mate of mine was telling me yesterday that he's found a source of veg based transformer oil at $400 per 1000 Litre (275 gal?) tote tank ..... i'm seriously thinking about trying one out.

8181 - 8200 of 8208 Posts