Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 7693 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Water does Settle to the bottom, Im not sure what set up you have, If your just gonna fill these your truck from these tanks or are you gonna transfer it to a holding tank at home, but I also know that if your gonna use a pump they sell a water seperator filter to put on a hand or electric transfer pump. I bought one at our local farm supply store. Little extra saftey. I would jump on it if its free, just keep an extra set of filters in your truck just in case

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I have a question? water settles to the bottom of diesel right?

at work we had a locomotive that rocks took out the fuel tank. they weld them up and then fill the tanks with water to check for leaks, empty the tanks then refill them with diesel. I guess last time they didnt get all of the watter out and the fuel filters would plug up after an hour of running. they got tired of it and pumped 3500 gallons into big plastic tanks and its been sitting for about 6 months.

a guy can just drain the water off the bottom cant he? 3500 gallons of free diesel is starting to look really good to me!
there will be some h2o absorbed by the d but that sounds like a bargin to me. U mean they will let you have it? Wow! What a deal

·
Registered
399 Posts
It probably wouldnt hurt to run A supplement Like Diesel Clean or 911 with it also, but Im sure someone else could address that a little better than me

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
4.19 in scottsbluff ne

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
$4.39 in northern California!!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My bad thats too cheap i meant $4.49

·
Registered
62 Posts
the shell by my work is $4.49

·
Registered
62 Posts
$4.49 in riverside, ca

·
Registered
517 Posts
4.09 about anywhere here now. If gas really does get to 4 a gallon or more it scares me to think of what will happen to diesel prices.

·
Registered
140 Posts
is it me or was diesel $.75 to $1 cheaper about 1 month ago? and gas was $.25 to$.35 cheaper a month ago?

And as of yesterday $4.05 in western nc.. did not go in to town today so it could be $5

·
Registered
258 Posts
anyone want to guess what it will be by the end of the year? Guess that would be a whole nother thread :dunno:. Just for the record and I hope I am wrong...Avg price $5.05

·
Registered
514 Posts
its been sitting at 3.95 here in utah for a while...... at the place i fill up... other places are going up and down, they been about the same for a week or so.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
just went up2 $4.09 here in central jerzy !!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Believe it or not, Here in my town 35 miles south of indy $4.05 is what I've been payin. and $4.15 just down the street. It's been over $4 a gallon for well over a month.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
ya the $4.49 i saw was at Shell but i fill up at a card lock and its only $4.20 there

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
k so this morning i didnt fill up and my local fuel station had diesel for 4.09... at the end of the day not even 8 hours later i was going to fill up and they had raised the price to 4.29 lol... WTF a 20cent jump in less than 8 hours....

man all i know is that my truck is getting paid off in 2 weeks and im very much thinking of buying a small truck for my construction business for me to go to my appointments too.. maybe a small Yota tacoma (used of course)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2001 - 2020 of 7693 Posts