Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7693 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Prices

Just wondering how much are you paying a gallon for a fuel where you live? What's the best price you've seen?
I live in Summerfield, Fl. At the Pilot station on I-75 it was around 3.50 a gallon about 20 miles south of here in lecanto I found it for 2.85. I went back to refill and it had went up to 3.00 in lecanto though.

·
Military Member
508 Posts
yesterday prices were between 3.00 and 3.33 here in Sumter, S.C.

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
I paid 2.99 at a Diamond Shamrock in Katy last week when I filled up. I may run by there this evening and fuel up again if it's still reasonable. On average it's been ranging between 3.00 - 3.45 around Houston.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
today

Filled up not two hours ago at the pilot on the interstate and it was 3.29 a gallon. I paid eighty dollars for three quarters of a tank.

·
Military Member
508 Posts
Welcome Jimmy!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I'm going go off here....

Here in indy I found it for 3.19 at a flying J truck stop, but just down the street it's 3.74!!!!!! Do the math...times 38 gallons = 142 bucks for a full tank!! I use a full tank in 4-5 days during an average work week, not counting my weekend driving. I don't have much of a weekend either, since I have had to work weekends too to make enough money to pay for the fuel costs. I have a small painting business and for the past 2 months my jobs have been located about 35 miles north of where I live. I've averaged about $550-$700 PER MONTH. Late last year I started saving so I could try to buy a house by mid 06. I saved a lot in about 5 months, almost two grand but the fuel prices have forced me to eat most of it up. I am now down to under $300 and have had no choice but to bid my jobs higher than normal. I kept my rates as low as I could until just after Katrina. The result of that is more people not being able to afford me. My savings is nearly depleted, diesel is 3 times what it should be, and my business drops off for about 2-3 months in the winter especially the few weeks before and after christmas. So thanks a lot whoever is responsible for this bull....and it's NOT due to katrina as much as they say it is....why don't truckers just park their rigs one day? I mean you can't really supply this country with the goods it needs without truckers! I guarentee it'd go down fast if they just sat on the shoulders of our interstates for a couple of days. Get those bastard politicians to work for us.....we pay their damn salaries.....screw this i'm going to bed

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree

I agree. The reason we have such high fuel prices is because we have so few refineries for the oil because of those [email protected]#$ commy pinko lefties. They don't think we need to be self sufficient. I can understand it going up because all of our refineries are in that little area that got hit. What a stupid move by us. We need more refineries all over this great nation. But what I don't agree with is that fuel prices went up the day of katrina. That was before they got any new shipments of the higher priced oil. So they haven't had to pay the high price yet. There was a bill that went through the house of representatives that was passed about this. It basically says that the government will help you build more oil refineries. They will also lease or sell you land to do the same. Now to the point of our "oil shortage" that is the biggest bull load I've ever heard. Off the gulf coast of florida there is an enormuous amount of oil just waiting to be drilled. But why can't we drill it? These old farts don't want to get in their fifth floor condo and watch the sunset and see oil derricks. But they have their retirement and they can afford to fill up their cadillac. I say give them the shaft and drill the oil. To me that would be a beautiful sight off of my balcony(if I could afford to have one). That would mean I get to see fuel in the one dollar range. Now on to the Alaskan Pipeline. All these tree huggin hippies say "Oh the pipeline kills off the wildlife." What I have to say to that is, BULLPLOP. The pipeline has to be heated to keep the oil from thickening right? It's cold out right? So did you know that those dadblamed caribou thrive under those pipes. There hasn't been any leaks or any other things happen. Then after that they say that oil is too thick. That's a good thing. That's high quality stuff up there. So bring it down here and build more refineries so we can go back to being the oil hogs of americans that we are. Oh yea I forgot to talk about the arabs. I say when we "conquered" Iraq we should've taken all of their oil. Or say okay we brought "peace" here, now you owe us this many billion barrels of oil for it. Just go through the middle east kickin @$$ and takin oil. This is something that I get feel very passionate about if ya'll couldn't tell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Diesel Prices

MAN, $3.08 a gal today here in Oceanside:( . It just keeps going up. I bet by the middle of summer, it will be up to $3.25. It already cost me $75.00 to fill it up around $2.87 last week. How much is it in your town?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
2.80 here in fla

look for fuel prices to be around 5.00/ 6.00 a gallon within the next couple of years.
big oil (companies) has set the stage for the price increase. i know it sounds far fetched, but it will more than likely happen. i know a guy that has been in the business for forty years, he knows the business inside and out. i did not beleive him a few years back when he said fuel would be 3.00/gallon. was
1.50 then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gouging

One of the guaranteed ways to piss me off is to start talking about the price of a gallon of diesel...or gas. The cost of a gallon has more than doubled since buying my first Stroke in '03. It's ridiculous as I'm sure we all complain about it.
I spent $80 Friday for 30 gallons...$2.64 per was the cost ($2.54 with my .10 cent Kroger discount). I saw it yesterday for up to $2.89 per gallon around Cincinnati. It had been at $2.41 up until last week where I buy most of my diesel.
The SOBs are going to really bend us over at the pumps this summer fellas. Better take KY lube out of bedroom and put it under the front seat of your truck.

Lmbhngr

·
Registered
113 Posts
Payin 2.65 up here in albion well actually all we have here is a bulk plant so I have to go about 8 miles to the next town to get fuel

·
Banned
0 Posts
what you guys call gouging is some of the best fuel prices in the world......if you adjust the price of gasoline from 1930 to may first of 2006 for inflation in the US.....we should be paying a touch over 6.75 a gallon.......most places in europe pay 6.50-8.00 a gallon for diesel. i dont like the prices either....but that kinda makes it seem not so bad in comparison.

Above was just to make a comparison....but what really ticks me off is when people start bashing the oil companies because of their profits. last time i checked companies were in business to make a profit....and the oil companies total profits are for manufatcuting, shipping, selling of gas, as well as the fact that they have thier hand it TONS of other things.....from glue and rubber sales to motor oil........any who even implies that the oil companies are making too much needs to re think his view on capitalism and stop thinking that just because we are the most oil dependant country, we deserve our fuel cheap. alright.....im off my soapbox.......all just my opinion.........Marc:twocents:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
this article should shed a little light on the oil business (link at bottom), as the charts show, oil is on the low end of things costing more.
i dont have a prob. with companys making money, after all it helps create jobs, i just would like to see more of an investment made in america to provide more skilled jobs (from all business sectors), which helps boost the economy, which equals people spending more money, which equals more money for business's, instead of sending jobs oversees to try to save a few cents.

www.conocophillips.com

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
mschn99 said:
great info 099.....where do ya come up with all this good stuff???
i travel the backstreets of the super information highway :program: ; i usually find most of the "goodies" while searching for a simalar subject, not expecting to come across what i find as a result. as i am sure everyone knows, there is just about everthing on the net, finding it is the hard part. for example, i found the 7.3l tech. manuel while searching for info for the rallys forum...
brian

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
2.83 here, thank God I can get fuel at FedEx for 1.25 a gallon.

·
578 Posts
its about 2.79 a gallon her in central il. i heard oon the radio the other day that the ceo of exon oil retired recently. he recieved a 400 million dollar bonus plus a membership at a country club. he was making 193,000$ a day!!! i think that they are charging a bit to much.

1 - 20 of 7693 Posts