Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 F350 XLT CC LB 2WD DRW
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just picked up this beast last week here in SoCal. I've never owned a diesel before in my life, so im excited to be here and to learn a lot. She's a completely stock 96 F350 XLT CC 2WD DRW with only 135k, mostly garage kept from the original owner. They mainly used it to haul a couple horses and at one point had a camper. She came with a 5th wheel and a class V bumper hitch, trailer braking, bed leveling compressor and a cb radio.

Paint is very well kept at least 7-8/10 IMO. General scratches surrounding the bed and doors, paint cracking and oxidation over the dwr fenders and hood.

Interior is a 8-9/10 very clean throughout, no stains, the dash and door panels appear to be well intact. The rear door locks don't seem to be working, i have power to the accuators but not enough to get the latches to move.

Motor appears to be healthy, small oil leak surrounding valve covers, although I'm not entirely sure. I plan on taking her in to a shop to have an inspection done just to have peace of mind. Otherwise, I plan on doing all the work myself. I do plan to bumper pull a almost 40ft enclosed racecar trailer with two racecars and equipment impound. Other than that she's my new daily.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 F350 Lariat SuperCab RWD 6.7 PSD
49 Posts
Hello Leviathan and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Nice looking truck you found there!!! Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey everyone I just picked up this beast last week here in SoCal. I've never owned a diesel before in my life, so im excited to be here and to learn a lot. She's a completely stock 96 F350 XLT CC 2WD DRW with only 135k, mostly garage kept from the original owner. They mainly used it to haul a couple horses and at one point had a camper. She came with a 5th wheel and a class V bumper hitch, trailer braking, bed leveling compressor and a cb radio.

Paint is very well kept at least 7-8/10 IMO. General scratches surrounding the bed and doors, paint cracking and oxidation over the dwr fenders and hood.

Interior is a 8-9/10 very clean throughout, no stains, the dash and door panels appear to be well intact. The rear door locks don't seem to be working, i have power to the accuators but not enough to get the latches to move.

Motor appears to be healthy, small oil leak surrounding valve covers, although I'm not entirely sure. I plan on taking her in to a shop to have an inspection done just to have peace of mind. Otherwise, I plan on doing all the work myself. I do plan to bumper pull a almost 40ft enclosed racecar trailer with two racecars and equipment impound. Other than that she's my new daily.

View attachment 778476 View attachment 778477
If its leaking oil, its got oil lol.

·
Registered
96 F250 7.3
20 Posts
Nice F350. I'm also a newbie 96 F250 owner. This forum has helped me out with some repairs. My F250 is also my daily driver and I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts