Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd take that any day! Where are you driving?
Are those at 70mph highway speeds? Eco mode?
Have you towed with it yet?
Are you asking me? Or someone else?

If you're referring to me then here are my responses to your questions.

1. Where are you driving?
A. Mostly from NC to SC. Some trips from NC to TN, VA, GA.

2. Are those at 70 MPH highway speeds?
A. Correct, for the most part. When on the highway I try and keep the speed below 72 MPH.

3. Eco Mode?
A. No. I have not tried Eco Mode yet. I guess I should give it a try and see if there is a difference.

4. Have you towed with it yet?
A. No.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have found that eco mode is not as good as slippery mode. Slippery mode seems to shift quicker and get about 2 mpg better than eco mode. 2020 F250 crew/short. Coming up on my first oil change at 3000 miles.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have 1800 miles on 2021 F350 now. At first I thought the mpg display had to be way off so checked the old fashioned way. They matched. Now that I'm past 1,000 miles and beginning to drive like my old self, it's about 3mpg better, under all conditions, than my 2017 version.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
What axle ratio did you have on the ‘17 and what is the axle ratio of your ‘21?
Both 3.55, same Michelins, no modifications. I make twice-monthly round trips to the same location about 120 miles away. Have made 2 so far. Maybe I had a tailwind both ways!
Need to do a couple more trips filling tank before and after each, keep track of whether there's a regen, make sure tire pressures and load are same...all of this is just for interest and entertainment. The truck wasn't purchased with mpg in mind!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts