Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started useing Diesel Kleen in the gray bottle, and was woundering how often I should be adding some to my tank? The dealer told me every oil change, and some of my friends say everother tank. Which would be best for my 04' 6.0 with about 112,000 on it?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I DO EVERY TANK

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I try and do it at least every other tank

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Mostly I do every tank, But at the least every other tank. It's cheap and you can find it anywhere.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started adding it every tank for the last two. But havn't noticed my diffrence yet. Other than knowing that will help as I come up to the next 120,000 service.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I started adding it every tank for the last two. But havn't noticed my diffrence yet. Other than knowing that will help as I come up to the next 120,000 service.
My usage is more for lubricating seals and cleaning EGR valve. I never really felt nor saw much difference.

Good Luck

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was kind of hopeing that it would help unstick an injector that wont throw a code. That I can feel during startup and sometimes cruseing at a constand speed.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Possible.:dunno:
I would probably do the same-thing

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I was kind of hopeing that it would help unstick an injector that wont throw a code. That I can feel during startup and sometimes cruseing at a constand speed.
You could always try Sea Foam too. Stuff works great!

·
Registered
568 Posts
+1 every tank

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I like to think I am adding a little security to every tank since Low Sulfur took affect.
Why not two different blends of Diesel Fuel:dunno:

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read most of the threads about the 2 cycle treatment, and useing ATF, but was unsure what to try. So I just went with something that knew wouldn't possible hurt my truck. When I get to my 120,000 mile service I was going to try the ATF thing. I never heard of Sea Foam in a diesel, I put Sea Foam in my gasser boat and it sure helped with the stail gas.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well lets use some common sense here... ATF is not ment to be burned. No way in Heck I'd run that in my fuel. 2 stroke might be a viable addative b/c it's ment to be mixed and burned. I use the grey bottle of DK every now and then. $130 fill ups and then adding $5worth of addatives... icing on the cake. I don't like to get carried away with addatives.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Well lets use some common sense here... ATF is not ment to be burned. No way in Heck I'd run that in my fuel. 2 stroke might be a viable addative b/c it's ment to be mixed and burned. I use the grey bottle of DK every now and then. $130 fill ups and then adding $5worth of addatives... icing on the cake. I don't like to get carried away with addatives.
I agree, I love filling up the truck, then by adding all these additives kills me. So I do it every now and then too, but when I do it is the grey bottle of DK...

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I have run both 2 stroke and DK. The DK seems to give a little more power and the 2 stroke is quieter at start up, I have not noticed any real difference in fuel economy with either one. I mostly run the 2 stroke for lubricity and cost, 2 stroke 8.88 gal. vs. DK 6.99 qt.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
in 36 gallon tank i run a pint through every tank i did notice the difference, but i think it was due to the fact the guy before me never ran it. i bought it with 80,000 miles. 1 year later with 110,000 mile it purrs like a kitten, but i would recommend to have the injectors flushed and cleaned once a year, depending on driving habits. bg makes a great deisel flush additive. keep'em runnin.......

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use DK in teh grey bottle every other fill.

now does anybody know what the diff is from the grey to the white bottle? I have read both and they seem to be the same but yet they have diff part numbers? what gives...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts