Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF does does keep going up? every dang week it's about a nickel lately. It's up to 4.02-4.19 in the SW FL area. It's a total rip. Construction slowed, economy is slow, consumption is down... WTH. What gives. Time for some MPG's mods. Really have to sit down and ponder. But all mods cost $ to save little $.

-Hotter Tstat
-Thinner/better oil
-Electric Fan
-Tuner
-Exhaust
-Reduce weight
-lighter wheels/tires
-Re-gear
-Aerodynamic mods (toneou cover, lower truck)
-drive slower
-drive less
-No a/c windows up
-Sell truck and get on Obama's wellfare program and make more money than working 60hrs/wk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hear you on that, I paid 93 bucks at 4.19 a gallon here last night to fill from a quarter tank. It hurt!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
120 bucks for 28.6 gallons last time and it's gone up .20 or so. Intake, exhaust, bed cover is taken care of... I try to drive with just the 3 back windows open, and not floor it or let it idle as much. Gonna do an oil change here in a few hundred. Maybe try some 2-cycle oil in the tank to lube the injectors. All six tires are air'd up correctly. I oughtta do a fuel filter change too. Hoping it'll all help, it should. With that S&B intake, and 4" exhaust it doesn't even smoke a bit. It's all breathing, no wasted fuel lol

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
what are you barking for?? i have been paying $4.40 for the last 2 weeks!!! but i still feel your pain. TPTB in this country don't understand that they are just screwing themselves also in the long run.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm with JBaker, I don't understand it either!!! I still need the exhaust but any mods I look at will increase mpg's or I'm not interested.

·
Registered
212 Posts
In PA. it is $4.57 cash or credit. This is way out of hand.
Fuel prices s--k.:50cal:

·
Registered
517 Posts
its been up and down by about .10 here for the last week. Today its 4.19 but a couple of days ago I got very lucky and got it for 3.99. I should have went and got some drums and filled them up too. Pretty bad when 3.99 seems like a good deal!!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Just think all of the new diesel vehicles on the road with new ones sold by the thousands every day. These new trucks, light and heavy all use a lot of fuel. All models have a DPF on them. Even the commercial trucks. It also consumes a lot more oil to build the new low energy vehicles.

It's only going to get worse.

Get a motorcycle before the price of them double.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm thinking more like a 10 speed. I only live about 3 miles from work but I run the roads a lot until recently.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wish i could drive less i use my truck for work. I usally fill up every 2-4 days at $178 per tank.

·
Registered
517 Posts
3 miles to work?? get out walk. save lots of $$$.
It's been raining a lot here and I could melt :tard: Not to mention after welding all day a person can be kinda drained. Sometimes, like this coming monday, I have to go work on big trucks when I leave work. It's a on call thing so I never know when they might call. Walking would be good for me tho and my wife could pick me up on her way home as she is a half hour behind me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I wish i could drive less i use my truck for work. I usally fill up every 2-4 days at $178 per tank.
Took me 2 weeks to get 150 miles on mine and I'm trying to break in a new clutch for 1000 miles. My wannabe son in law works for himself with dozer, dumps, semis and backhoes and my daughter said they have little work even in post Katrina Gulfport and they make little money from the work they do have due to fuel prices. Not so long ago they had tons of work and were making lots of money.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just think all of the new diesel vehicles on the road with new ones sold by the thousands every day. These new trucks, light and heavy all use a lot of fuel. All models have a DPF on them. Even the commercial trucks. It also consumes a lot more oil to build the new low energy vehicles.

It's only going to get worse.

Get a motorcycle before the price of them double.
I think a lot of people will keep the cars they have with these prices (vehicles and fuel) and the economy right now. I know I am seeing a lot more side work than usual and some of it is major stuff where they would usually just sell it and move on to something else. Its been a significant enough jump for me that I went and updated my snap-on scanner and vantage today.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's between 4.05 and 4.11 here in Jersey. Not as bad as some I'm reading but definately does still suck:dunno:

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's between 4.05 and 4.11 here in Jersey. Not as bad some I'm reading but definately does still suck:dunno:
same here, a lot cheaper than some of the prices I've seen posted but I still don't feel so lucky when I'm at the pump.

·
Registered
235 Posts
"Proud" sponsor of a Saudi Prince...

It's 4.19 - 4.25 here, just went up a nickel...again! From what I've been lead to understand it's not supply and demand, it's brokers buying up oil futures that's been a big drive on this "bubble" of high prices.
Between them, big oil corporate greed and OPEC, we don't stand much of a chance.
I have to drive mine for work at $70-80/week. Can't afford road trips now. Too bad, I love to run my PSD!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I threw a couple bucks in my tank this morning around 8:00am @ $ 4.17 a gallon and by 9pm tonight it jumped to $4.23 In my town though it stayed at $3.99 for like 2 and half months maybe even longer. This is killing me

·
Registered
1 Posts
4.65 where i live in wv our fuel bill for our work truck was 2100.00 this week and i was told by a fuel dis that they are expecting diesel to go up at least another dollor or more soon so bend over guys and grease up cause it looks like we are going to get it again

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
4.65 where i live in wv our fuel bill for our work truck was 2100.00 this week and i was told by a fuel dis that they are expecting diesel to go up at least another dollor or more soon so bend over guys and grease up cause it looks like we are going to get it again
That's the worst I've seen yet. :doh: Maybe I SHOULD rethink having a SuperDuty.... damn. But watch it jump back down to $2 again right? Right? *whimper*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts