Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone know of a good diesel guy in the Pittsburgh PA area. I have tried the Ford dealer that is a waste of time and I have tried Diesel kings they are better and will talk to me but. I have a 2004 F350 6.0L that is not starting and when it does it runs rough. I have replaced all 8 injectors, injector wire harness, Fuel pump and feed tube, alternator, glow plugs and PCM. I just replaced the stand pipes and oil-rail nipples and o-rings. I was getting a cylinder 8 controbution code so I replaced number 8 injector again. now that all this in done im not throwing the contribution code but now it wont start. Compression is 400 as per Diesel kings, FICM voltage is 48.9, ICP and ICP voltage is good IPR is good, sync is good. Im not a mechanic but I can turn a wrench I have done most of this myself and Im at the point where throwing parts at it isnt working. I need help the only scantool have is a scan guage and the SCT programmer. I just dont have all the money for the shops to just throw parts at it. Please I need help.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,591 Posts
Your best bet is to download ForScan to a smartphone and buy a OBDII adapter (OBDLink MX+ for BlueTooth or a BAFX adapter for WiFi.

Also, it would help to know the actual values for the PIDs below (when cranking):
ICP psi
ICP voltage
IPR % duty cycle
FICM Sync
FICM MPower
FICM LPower
FICM VPower
cranking rpms
Fuel (injector) pulse width

Lastly, ForScan is a VERY thorough code reader (unlike the ScanGauge or SCT).

·
5,591 Posts
Oh, and if you know of any way to get your hands on a known good FICM to try in your truck, that would be a big help in troubleshooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your best bet is to download ForScan to a smartphone and buy a OBDII adapter (OBDLink MX+ for BlueTooth or a BAFX adapter for WiFi.

Also, it would help to know the actual values for the PIDs below (when cranking):
ICP psi 1300
ICP voltage 1.58V
IPR % duty cycle 38.7
FICM Sync 1
FICM MPower
FICM LPower
FICM VPower 48
cranking rpms
Fuel (injector) pulse width

Lastly, ForScan is a VERY thorough code reader (unlike the ScanGauge or SCT).
These are the values I can get right now. (Listed Above)
Should I get the FICM repaired even if it is reading 48V

·
5,591 Posts
The 48 volts doesn't tell the whole story since there is a logic side to the FICM as well as a power side.

It might be worth sending it in, but you need to read the codes from ForScan first - it is more thorough than most code readers.

Also, do you get the injector buzz w/ the key on-engine off?

How about doing a buzz test on each injector (with ForScan)?

Still would like to see the Pulse Width

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 48 volts doesn't tell the whole story since there is a logic side to the FICM as well as a power side.

It might be worth sending it in, but you need to read the codes first.

Also, do you get the injector buzz w/ the key on-engine off?

How about doing a buzz test on each injector (with ForScan)?

Still would like to see the Pulse Width
All Injectors buzz although it seems soft
Im waiting for the wife to get home to grab the wireless ODII then I might have to be walked through running the buzz test

1 - 6 of 6 Posts