Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the deal i was heading to work this morning and it started chugging, lost all power. would restart but die. now this afternoon it started and drove in the garage, ran ok. then it died and now wont restart at all. 96 psd turbo with ts 6 position

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Did you try and remove the chip. The chip maybe causing a short. Also what about the cps. Did you try and swap that out as well. Did you scan for any codes yet. If you did what codes if any did you get.

·
Registered
87 Posts
fuel pump?

·
Registered
8 Posts
crank position switch?

Well here is the deal i was heading to work this morning and it started chugging, lost all power. would restart but die. now this afternoon it started and drove in the garage, ran ok. then it died and now wont restart at all. 96 psd turbo with ts 6 position
Mine a 2000 7.3 and my friend has a 1999. Sounds like the problem he had. It was the crank position sensor (cps). I do not if your truck is the same as ours. (I carry a spare one in the glove box) I've received a notice from Ford they need to replace my cps had alot of promblems with the old style ones. I've read the new ones are grey in color. Good luck-hope info helps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts