Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about ordering trucks from Ford: How long did it take to take possession and how many miles did your truck have on it at that time?
I placed an order for my 2018, 6.7 the first week of January 2018. It started down the actual assembly line the middle of April and took two weeks or more to make it to the holding lot.
When I took possession May 20, 2018, it had 86 miles on it right off the rail. WHY? Why did it take so long after being told that at the time I ordered it, that it was going to be 6-8 weeks.
The mileage hes me concerned because it has been in the shop for the P0402 code for a total of more than 3 weeks and over a dozen times since last fall and it still gets the code.
So I'm curious as to how long and how many miles on a special order should be on avg.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
We custom ordered our 2017 and upon receipt (signing of paperwork), it had 12 miles on it. Of course I was super clear with the sales guy that no one was to drive it other than himself or the people prepping it for me. I believe it took about 3 months from ordering to receipt.

·
Registered
274 Posts
According to Ford, the plant does random quality control checks and your truck must of been one of them to get that mileage on it. Some say they shouldn’t do it to special orders but it is what it is.

Attached is a TSB link for 2017 model years. Just because yours is a 2018, doesn’t mean the TSB won’t apply. Dealers don’t always check for TSBs and especially when the TSB isn’t supposed to apply to that year of vehicle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have special ordered 2 trucks. one has 17 one had 71. one took 7 weeks landed one took 4 months due to winter delays then none of the truckers wanted to load the super duty because its a hassle so it was ignored till i *****ed then it made it 400 miles to me by the following morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I special ordered a 2019 in April of 2018 and it was delivered in September. Had a total of 9 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
I ordered a 450 in March of 19 and if showed in August with 7 Miles. I tracked it and showed at dealer when the transport arrived. I insisted I didn’t want dealer to touch it. They checked it over but didn’t drive it at all.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I did not order mine.. I build it on Fords website then started a search for what I had built... by changing the zip codes in there locater, I was able to find almost the exact truck I had built sitting on a lot 4 hours away. Then had it transferred to my dealership when it got there it had 58 miles on it....Bingo no wait time truck is in my below Signature

1 - 8 of 8 Posts