Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the dumb question. im new to diesels. but im looking at a crewcab f250 with a 7.3. the guy is asking 2500. how hard is it to swap to it to a turbo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but the guy told me its nonturbo. i thought powerstrokes were turbo? or at least thats what i thought he said. his english sucked

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
i looked at a 95 that was non turbo'd........and it was factory. I don't know why or how, but it was factory and was the original engine. had the books and original window sticker with it. weird.......

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Thats def an IDI

Probably wouldn't cost but a few grand or whatever to put a ATS on her

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
i just asked him again. its a 95 with the origial engine.

like i said earlier....i've seen one too. I thought you could get the IDI as an option in 95....not sure tho. Sometimes I wish my 95 had an IDI in it tho.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
94(?) idi's has teh option of a turbo.

Its not that hard to install a turbo on an idi. Not exactly the most fun, but it can be done. I had to r/r a 94 non turbo idi, that the owner had installed a banks sidewinder turbo kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im going to keep looking. i really want a turbo. so i you guys see one post it up but it needs to be a 2wd crewcab and 92-97 body style. i dont really care were its located.
but thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Maybe it was one of those leftover 94 model trucks that they tagged as a 95.

83-86 = 6.9 N/A IDI
87-93.5 = 7.3 N/A IDI
Then through 93.5-94.5 you had three options....7.3 N/A IDI, 7.3 Turbo IDI (factory turbo), and the powerstroke was a 94.5 option (only came with a ZF-5 speed in 1994.5)

That is an IDI. If its factory, its a lame duck and it sounds like they did do it? Its not hard to turbo them, my turbo setup cost me $1600 with a rebuilt turbo, gauges, and exhaust. Took all day to put it in but I went out to lunch, went to Napa to get some parts, ect. Not hard at all.

I would buy it at $2000

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that was info i was looking for. ill keep this truck in mind. if it had more options i would be more into it, but its a plane jane nonturbo truck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is one thing I do know " POWERSTROKES"! And Ford NEVER built a 1995 with anything but the 7.3L POWERSTROKE DI DIESEL! So whoever is telling you tis truck is a 95 or late 94 is FULL OF POO!

In 1993 and 1994 Ford had a factory turbo model (ATS turbo) on the idi engine with the automatic transmission and the Powerstroke was offered with the 5 speed ONLY in 94, then in 1995 ALL FORD DIESELS was 7.3L POWERSTROKE DI engines.

See if he will send you the VIN number and more pictures of the truck.

I have a 1992 Ford F-350 crew cab single wheel truck with 205-k miles, 7.3L IDI, auto and cold air RUST FREE truck on craigslist in Dallas/Ft.Worth for $2500.00

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is one thing I do know " POWERSTROKES"! And Ford NEVER built a 1995 with anything but the 7.3L POWERSTROKE DI DIESEL! So whoever is telling you tis truck is a 95 or late 94 is FULL OF POO!

In 1993 and 1994 Ford had a factory turbo model (ATS turbo) on the idi engine with the automatic transmission and the Powerstroke was offered with the 5 speed ONLY in 94, then in 1995 ALL FORD DIESELS was 7.3L POWERSTROKE DI engines.

See if he will send you the VIN number and more pictures of the truck.

I have a 1992 Ford F-350 crew cab single wheel truck with 205-k miles, 7.3L IDI, auto and cold air RUST FREE truck on craigslist in Dallas/Ft.Worth for $2500.00
thanks alot.ill a look on craigslist

1 - 20 of 20 Posts