Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
F250 - 06 4x4/Lariat.

Driving at around 30mph, sudently Tow/Haul Light flashes and it seemed like I am in Neutral. If I shift between gears, it seems like I feel the gear change but no power. Just as if a Pick-up Tube fell.

I will drop the Pan Today and see if anything lokks weird. If you guys have any idea, please let me know. Need my truck back!

Dayz

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Leaking any trans fluid??

Tom

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have time to pull the pan. Fluid and filers changed about 10k ago, Fluids smell perfect. No leak under the trans.

I was thinking of a pump or a TC, but how would I test?

I will see if there are codes.

Dayz

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sounds like a front pump. Happened to me. I think you can pull one of the lines off the tranny and start the truck to see if its pumping fluid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updates,
Got the truck home today.

- Fluid is perfect as in recently change, no burnt smell to it...
- Fluid level is Fine
- Disconnected one of the line and fluid comes out as if the pump is working fine.
- Code P0751 ( Which seems to mean nothing)

Questions;
- How do you test a Torque converter?
- What else should I check

Thanks soooooo much!

Dayz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was Datalogging and seem to have a weird solenoid D and E. Would this makes sense, I am new to AE and trying to learn by myself as there are no books for this.

Tell me what I should look for in AE.

Thx
Dayz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I swapped this transmission for another one. Can someone help me here, I had no drive or any gear for that matter, I could feel the truck changing gear but no power to the wheels.

I dismantle the trans and everything looks clean, no broken anything for that matter.

I have tested sole kids and 4 of them are slow or weaker compare to the other ones, could it be only solenoid issues?

What could have made the truck going in NO gear (neutral feel) all of a sudden? I want to rebuild this as a spare.

Thanks
Lads

·
Registered
18 Posts
the code was for the coast clutch sol. or circuit failure off.
take a close look at the splined ends of the input shaft. maybe striped? or maybe put the shaft into the converter to feel if it's broken internally?
or somehow you lost line pressure, maybe a stuck pressure control sloenoid?
I'm not too fimilar with the spool valves in the pump housing, maybe a stuck one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to reply to this thread, Everything looked perfect inside the trans, Pump was working fine. It had to be a stuck solenoid. Kept the tranny, put new solenoid in it and it is waiting for the next truck to be put in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts