Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Did I buy a fad?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Stroken49s 
#1 ·
I see that Ford is bringing a new engine to market. I originally bought this truck to pay it off and keep for many years. Now I am wondering if I bought something that I will say "yea I got an 08 250" and people say "oh yea that was one of the two years with that obscure 6.4 in it." I hope this engine lasts and people say "oh man I wish I had got one when I could." .....just thought from someone who paid 39k for a truck in 2007... I was debating getting the 07 6.0..hope I made the right choice

#2 ·
You never know. Maybe when the new truck comes out there will be something you like about yours better. Either way you can always trade up anytime. You can't get the new one now so you got to drive what there is.

#3 ·
Every Engine, Every Truck all have there goods and bads. Same with every make out there. No matter if you buy a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. They all have there Pro's and Con's.

I think ford is switching to a different engine due to the legal problems between Ford and Navistar. As well as maybe even more restrictions from the US Gov. on emissions for Diesel Trucks.

#7 ·
From everything I've read... Ford's new engine platform isn't to debut until 2011. There will be several years of the 6.4 in the meantime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.