Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought Id give you guys a heads up if this hasn't been discovered already. Ive installed 3 Dicad Kits on my truck and a couple friends. They have both complained about leaking coolant when it gets cooler outside but I ignored since mine wasn't. I finally developed a leak after a 7 hour trip to the U.P. and I tore apart to find the rubber hose that was supplied with the coolant redirect elbow had "BBER AIR HOSE" stamped on my 4 inch section. Rubber air hose is definitely not the proper hose for that application. The hose had cracked on the bottom and became very soft and melted around the hose clamps. I replaced with heater hose and no problems. I guess you really do get what u pay for.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Not familiar with that kit. Would a stock blue Ford hose work on it? I noticed that some delete kits use the Ford hose.
I used the same kit and it came with a longer than needed length of heater hose. I checked it before I put it on and used 3 hose clamps (one on the oil cooler outlet, 2 on the u-pipe). No issues.
Makes you wonder what they are thinking if they included a section of air hose. :dunno:

The stock cooler hose won't work with the kit. The 'u-pipe' has no fitting on the end of it. It is just a smooth pipe.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I used the same kit and it came with a longer than needed length of heater hose. I checked it before I put it on and used 3 hose clamps (one on the oil cooler outlet, 2 on the u-pipe). No issues.
Makes you wonder what they are thinking if they included a section of air hose. :dunno:

The stock cooler hose won't work with the kit. The 'u-pipe' has no fitting on the end of it. It is just a smooth pipe.
:hehe: You said smooth pipe...

I would imagine that they wanted to make just a bit more margin on each kit and so the quality of hose suffered. If they are willing to do that, I wonder where else they skimped... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Sometimes you kill me, Shawn...

Yeah, but a short 3 inch piece of hose?? (ok, ok, wiseguy, I know what your thinking....:hehe:)That would be desperation if it was profit motivated. A few pennies on the dollar. Definitely would make me think twice.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
You said it... :poke

I have no idea why they would do that since they obviously know the difference when they sent you the correct hose. :dunno:

·
Registered
462 Posts
NYC-350 is correct on this . my Dicad kit came with a Silicon based hose ...they are known to leak if no properly secured...I did as he did ..added the extra hose clamp on the U-tube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts