Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Diablosport chip- 02 7.3 diesel

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Griff350 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a few questions......
I have a "Chipmaster Revolution Diablosport Delta chip" in my hands.
I got it from my brother who also has a 2002 7.3
It has a little 3-way toggle switch with a LED light.
1. Can I install the chip and just see what it does?
2. Can I wreck my PCM by doing this?
3. If I'm not happy with the chip and decide to unistall it, did it change my original stock tune? Will I need to take my truck to Ford and get the truck reflashed?
My original plan is a EVO2 or superchips programmer or dp tuner chip, but until money is available, I'd like to put this chip in and see what it'll do.
What do think?

#4 ·
OK...........I tried to install the chip.
The chip also had a 3 way switch. (Keep this in mind).

The install went OK I think.
There I was, all excited to fire it up and have a little more power and ..........
No GO!!!
Engine light stayed on and the truck just kept turning over.
Changed the switch to off and it started right away! Tried it a few more times on postion 1 + 2, but it doesn't want to start. Again, put the switch into factory postition and it started right away.

Question,
When cleaning the contacts of the PCM, can I clean them too good.
I watched the video with maintain and he said clean them just so the brass starts to show. I think I went a little over board. In daylight it looks good. When I brought the PCM in the shop, the contacts look a little over done.

What are my options or did I just ruin my chances of getting a chip :dunno:

#6 ·
I thought maybe I had cleaned mine too much also, but they were fine. That's probably not it.

On the upside, thats a pretty good anti-theft system you got there until you get it figured out!

good luck man...

later

#7 ·
How did this go???? I got one of those chipmaster revolutions from diablosport... came with my truck, but I've never put it back in. It seems to have a 3 way switch hooked on it...... and a LED with a blue and yellow wire coming out of it. Looks like someone pulled the yellow and blue wire out of the plastic connector.... does it matter which side the yellow and blue go back into it???

#9 ·
I believe you should disconnect the batteries too when you install the chip. if it does not work, save yourself some hassle and buy a dp tuner, or a tony wildman!

#11 ·
I have been told by a very reputable tuner that all you need to do is make sure the truck is off and the key is out of the ignition. I have done it this way 20-30 times at least. Heck, he never even disconnected my batteries when he hooked up everything to live tune my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.