Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford convinced me to let them remove my Diablo chip from my 2001 F-250 7.3 when I bought it about 18 months ago. Now I know that was a mistake and after talking to a local Diablo dude he assured me that all I have to do is plug it back in (with the key out of the ignition aka off). Of course talking to someone like that on the phone :noteworthy: all I could get was "it goes under the dash on the passenger side". I am old enough to know what I don't know but I know what a male recepticle looks like and I sure couldn't find one where he said to look, even took the glove box out. Help please :dunno:

Larry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check it out. When you say underneath your right knee do you actually mean over top of my right knee?

·
Registered
193 Posts
if it is a chip
watch this video chip install video or
read this chip install.pdf

since your chip was there before don't wory about taking all the way apart and cleaning it. you prob can pop it in..if not then take it apart.

if it looks like a 20 year old green phone with a big black cord ..like a code reader
it plugs in the obd2 port ..it will tell you what to do but better yet go to diablo and get new directions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, both the links were very informative. May the force be with me... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts