Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 95 f350 7.3 diesel will turn over but will not fire off unless you put diesel straight down throat. checked fuel pressure and pulsing at rails voltage reading between 3.5 and 4 volts, any suggestions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hpop reservoir was empty , changed oil manually filled reservoir , tried starting still no luck, rechecked reservoir and it was empty again, any other ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck was being driven daily. It sat overnight wen't to start it the next morning and it just turns over will not crank. Checked batteries, changed cps, checked fuel system, only problem found was empty reservoir after your advice to check.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Latest on my truck, we have no oil pressure coming into reservoir, i am being told by everyone that this is because of the mechanical gerotor pump, pick-up tube, or check valve. Tried scanner not pulling any codes. Everything and everybody is telling me that the reservoir is filled from below, Dirk you mentioned bad IPR or HPOP if you could give me any other advice or direction I would appreciate it. You got me to check the reservoir in first place. Thanks in advance, also one last note oil presssure gauge does nothing when cranking if that matters. Also makes hollow noise when trying to crank but it has done that before.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Latest on my truck, we have no oil pressure coming into reservoir, i am being told by everyone that this is because of the mechanical gerotor pump, pick-up tube, or check valve. Tried scanner not pulling any codes. Everything and everybody is telling me that the reservoir is filled from below, Dirk you mentioned bad IPR or HPOP if you could give me any other advice or direction I would appreciate it. You got me to check the reservoir in first place. Thanks in advance, also one last note oil presssure gauge does nothing when cranking if that matters. Also makes hollow noise when trying to crank but it has done that before.
I would tend to agree. The only simple way to rule out the tube is to add 2-4 quarts of oil. This will raise the oil level enough to possibly "cover" the tube if there is a problem with it.

Oil Pressure gauge on these trucks is nothing more than a idiot light as far as I'm concerned. There is a port above the oil filter area. I think it has a square head on it. I would get a after market gauge as see what is really going on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirk thanks for all your guidance, we got the truck running. It was the low pressure oil pump. Thanks again for your help with this matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts