Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in for possible head gasket failure or oil cooler failure and they denied my warranty because of aftermarket parts. I put the truck back to stock before I took it in. My question is, Ford has done alot of work to the truck and used my warranty but now that its something major, they deny it, Whats the use of me having this warranty plus the ESP if they arent going to use it. The good thing is that I also bought a warranty when I bought the truck that covers everything including the aftermarket parts. Ive already talked to them and they said they would cover it. Should I call Ford and cancel the warranties or what should I do?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
you put the truck back to stock but they denied approval because of aaftermarket parts????? What parts did you have on your truck?? That doesn't make sense that they denied approval cuz of aftermarket parts then the next sentence you state you put everything back to stock. Sounds like there is more to the story.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only things left were my aftermarket intake, Banks intercooler and ram air, and exhaust. When I said I put it back to stock, I meant I took my SCT tunes off.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
well the exhaust is enough. If the tech was good enough he could have dotted his I's and crossed his T's and got it approved. Aftermarket intake doesn't help either, taking that off is more important than taking off the custom tunes. Put the stock intake on and take the ram air thingy off and give it another shot.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
What mods did you have installed? What did they know of mods?
Ford Motor Co. is getting tight on head gasket jobs. I hear they are flying paper pushers out more now and denying claims.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
OOOPS......lil late

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I agree it is a pain in the ars but it worked for me. Even take your pyro probe out of the manifold and put a pipe plugg in it, if you have a pyro???

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The only aftermarket "performance Parts" I have is a 4" turbo back exhaust. Is that alone going to kill my warranty?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just had my head gaskets replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago, I have AFE intake, RBP exhaust, and I even told the guy that I had an SCT Tuner...Depends on where you take it for sure man...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I know a guy in the Houston area that can mostly likely fix you up. The same exact thing happened to one of my buddys 04 KR and this guy is fixing it under warranty now. Do you have the stock intake and elbow?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my other warranty is going to cover it but I appreciate it BigRed.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Your intake and exaust will not cause heads gasket failure BUT if you have those, the dealer will know you have a tuner and they CAN find a footprint in your PCM telling them that you have a tuner.
Take it to a different dealer.
I just had 2 injectors replaced and i have a vegistroke fuel system and the dealer didn't say ANYTHING about the injectors being fuel related...it would have been very easy for them to deni that warranty work but they did not. The fuel wasn't the issue, the injector was loose in the hole but they had everything they needed to argue otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts