Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought this truck 06 f250 the mods done are arp studs, egr delete, and new oil cooler new oil pressure unit, and new radiator , water pump and heater core, 4" straight pipe turbo back and just put a cts on the truck...the other day my orange wrench comes on while driving 75ish lost power at the time didnt have the cts on..shut truck off and restarted it and drove fine back home...with the cts on i'm seening some #'s...ficm is running 49v and the deltas in town driving are 190 ect...and 207 eot past the 15 degree mark that i've been reading about coolant level is good so no problems there questions are what can i do to get my deltas closier? I noticed that the egr valve is still on the truck no plate in its place...I need to make sure that it does have the delete on it not sure...should i take the egr off and clean it? would that make a difference? any help would be great thanks...Hoogie

·
Registered
311 Posts
not really sure what you are asking. you started out with the mods and one of them was an egr delete. so the valve would do sfa. also, how do you get 49 from your ficm voltage. im thinking clogged oil cooler. somebody with more knowledge please chime in.

bailey

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
valve would do sfa? whats that? what i'm asking is my deltas seem high for city driving...would taking out the egr and cleaning it help those deltas at all? and the oil cooler is new...just under radiator along with my tranny cooler. so i'm not sure that it is whats causing the troubles is eot 17* to high??? i just wanted to mention the mods done to the truck so readers with insite will know...thanks hoogie

·
Administrator
31,451 Posts
LOL the oil cooler in question is in the engine

He meant the valve won't do chit because of your delete

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You wouldn't have gone into limp mode w an Eot of only 207*....

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i'll have to keep an eye on things...didnt know that i didnt have to worry bout the egr with the delete on this thing and with any external oil cooler i would think that wouldnt be the problem but.hell you guys know more than i do

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Do you have an oil cooler delete is that what your saying. Just to clear up some confusion I am haveing.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Do you have an oil cooler delete is that what your saying. Just to clear up some confusion I am haveing.
I'm confused as well...

Ok. The egr delete has nothing to do with the oil cooler, other than the fact the egr cooler won't rupture when the oil cooler clogs....

An external oil cooler such as the bullet proof diesel version would eliminate the possibility of the egr rupturing due to a clogged oil cooler...

How are you measuring your deltas? Towing? Uphill? 55-65mph? 145 MPH?
Racing?

You want to measure your deltas by finding a flat road, with the truck unloaded ...drive normal and set the cruise on 60-65 and drive for around 5 miles. They'll settle at a point

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
1 888 967 6653,push 3, ask for treesa, shirts are sized a bit small so size up. Welcome aboard the USS Bullet proof oil cooler boat! Tell wife you'll buy here something nice for X-Mas....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay after listening to what you guys have to say I'm sure the g r valve has nothing to do with it I have a remote oil cooler on th that the previous owner put ine front of the truck how I measure the delta I left the truck get warm and I was running down the flat road no cruise control on maybe I am getting nervous about nothing saw the difference between eot in the ect and thought I would post a question here I've only had the truck for a week maybe I'll sit there and watch the temps a little bit more newibe here take it easy on me please been reading the forums here trying to learn as much as I can and maybe got a little nervous too fast...hoogie

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Okay after listening to what you guys have to say I'm sure the g r valve has nothing to do with it I have a remote oil cooler on th that the previous owner put ine front of the truck how I measure the delta I left the truck get warm and I was running down the flat road no cruise control on maybe I am getting nervous about nothing saw the difference between eot in the ect and thought I would post a question here I've only had the truck for a week maybe I'll sit there and watch the temps a little bit more newibe here take it easy on me please been reading the forums here trying to learn as much as I can and maybe got a little nervous too fast...hoogie
If you have the remote cooler...and egr delete....the the deltas no longer matter....but truck will still defuel at 253* oil temp

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks adam that makes sense, since the oil is gettin cooled from the rad. in front of the truck instead of the coolant in the truck...sorry i shoulda thought of that one myself...hoogie

·
Administrator
31,451 Posts
so you no longer have the engine mounted cooler ? or just an add on cooler to supplement

what can happen with the latest strategy is at a 15 * delta you can have a power loss

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok just got off a 60 mile trip...deltas were way high tossed the wrench again the spread was like 25* off...it does have the remote oil cooler on the front of the truck where can i find the other cooler? boy i sound dumb over this..lol when i checked the code for the wrench it was P012F code...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so after calling the previous owner and talkin with him they replaced the org. oil cooler, and put on a remote oil cooler in front of the truck...deltas are still to far apart, doining a coolant flush this morning at the service center a full flush to get everything back out and put new coolant in..We will see if that helps all problems show that the internal oil cooler is pluged...but there again i'll find out after the flush...also the previous owner did not put a egr delete on! so owner said ford did the work and they put the gold back in so i'm assuming thats how the oil cooler pluged so soon. question is to you fine folks...replace with a oem oil cooler and put a egr delete in and this should solve the problem? or is this gonna happen agian down the road? would puttin a coolant filter in prevent this from ever happening again with a stock oil cooler??? right now preparing for the worst an what i need to start writting a list for to replace items...i dont think that i want to get the bpd remote cooler just to pricey i'm thinkin

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
dude your OEM oil cooler is clogged. stop bothering with the egr system hahaha replace oem oil cooler end of story.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok pretty sure your right, but flushing the system didnt cost that much and by what i've read you wanna do that anyways before you replace the oem oil cooler to get all the crap out...question is put an oem cooler back on. and put a coolant filter on? and miz well put the egr delete on...and if i dont have an egr delete on then why is the truck throwin codes about the egr at me???

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
ok pretty sure your right, but flushing the system didnt cost that much and by what i've read you wanna do that anyways before you replace the oem oil cooler to get all the crap out...question is put an oem cooler back on. and put a coolant filter on? and miz well put the egr delete on...and if i dont have an egr delete on then why is the truck throwin codes about the egr at me???
You just said the previous owner added a remote cooler...meaning the oem internal cooler is no more ..

Or is it a SUPPLEMENTAL cooler? There's a huge difference ...if its ab external oil cooler your deltas don't matter ...but if the Eot reaches 253* it will defuel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts