Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is studded and deleted, any recommendations?
I was going to go with SCT x4 but heard you can’t turn on egr with the new epa laws. I don’t need anything crazy. Don’t tow a lot but need some extra power. Unfortunately I had a tune on my truck before I bought it and had some issues and now truck is back stock and it’s SLOW.
SCT on performance tune seems like a winner to me. Thanks.
2005 F250 4x4 lifted on 37’s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The SCT X4 will allow you to keep the EGR on if that's what you're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Do you have a CEL now?

Have you considered a FICM tune?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I believe you can turn it off and remove the CEL for off road use only. May want to check with SCT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,499 Posts
With the new update the SCT devices no longer give the user an option to disable EGR. However, the CEL can be disabled through custom tuning. Just dont run around yelling the name of the tuner that does it for you, and you'll be alright. Lol FICM tuning is also a great thing to have, but I would still get PCM tuning as well.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,866 Posts
Truck is studded and deleted, any recommendations?
I was going to go with SCT x4 but heard you can’t turn on egr with the new epa laws. I don’t need anything crazy. Don’t tow a lot but need some extra power. Unfortunately I had a tune on my truck before I bought it and had some issues and now truck is back stock and it’s SLOW.
SCT on performance tune seems like a winner to me. Thanks.
2005 F250 4x4 lifted on 37’s.
I can get you taken care of if you are interested. Just email the shop at [email protected]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,499 Posts
CNCFAB FTW!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts