Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question about the delete pipe hoping someone can answer. I'm new here so hopefully this doesn't sound stupid.

I have an 08 250 and already have a Banks 4" from the DPF back. Finally saved up the money from my recent deployment (and got the better half's approval) to get a tuner and DPF/Cat delete pipe. Question is do I just order the one that says 4" or do I need to change the down pipe also? Getting confused bc I thought the downpipe was 3.5" to match the stock exhaust. Also does it really matter which brand of pipe you buy, other than preference, and with or without bungs. I've read you can just tape the sensors up and stow them.

Any help would be greatful. Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
It will depend what tuner you get if it needs the bungs. Call Aaron at Rudy's. They will set you up with the correct pipe, and the tuner. I went with the H&S Mini and never looked back. I run a low HP tune because I tow allot and don't see my truck as a racer. Getting rid of the DOC/DPF will also do away with the fuel dilution in the crankcase. That will add more life to the motor.

·
Registered
875 Posts
You can go with a 4" downpipe back that bolts directly to the stock down pipe or you can go 4" turbo back. Turbo back will require you to change out the stock down pipe with the down pipe provided in the kit.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Spartan or H&S do not require the bungs in the delete pipe. Not sure about the sct or other tuners

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm going with the Black Maxx so I know I don't need the bungs but just wondered if it really mattered. Tow some, definately don't race, mostly just off roading for fun. Really wanted to rid the DPF when I bought it but wanted the warranty to expire and spent my last deployment savings on raising her up. I'll give Aaron a call.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
If you want to keep the Banks kit you already have, you will just need a DPF/Cat delete kit. It will bolt right in. If you want to swap pout the down pipe too, you can add that as well. Doing it this way with retain factory flanges and allow you to return to stock. Give us a call if we can help with anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts