Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here! :)

We have used ford diesel trucks in our company for years. :icon_ford: We have a 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty, 4x2, with 170k on the clock. Had a new long block installed under warranty at 99k :D. Recently the truck has been running poorly on cold starts. It’s throwing codes:
P1335, P0404, P2080, P042E. We tried removing the EGR valve about a week ago. It wouldn’t budge. Not being in a position where we could have the truck down for repairs we reinstalled the bolts and sent it back to work.

I have been searching around for EGR deletes. I am torn between installing a new EGR cooler and valve, or just deleting the whole system. Most of what I have read says that the best thing to do for a non Race/Offroad is to upgrade the EGR system. Is that because of the legality of emissions delete? Truck is in Florida so, emissions are a non issue. What’s the norm for the members here? Truck does some towing and about %99 highway driving.

Thanks In Advance

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Get a tuner, dpf/doc delete, egr delete with intake elbow and a cold air intake. You will be good to go :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
^^^^^ditto. do some searching on here and read about how emissions equipment destroys your motor. Your question will change from should i delete/tune, to which tuner should i get to what kind of exhaust to intake...and then the neverending mod list will take over your life! Hahaha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply's. More searching is definitely needed. The truck doesn't need performance as much as is needs to work well for extended periods of time lol.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Delete it completely and just run a no power tune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts