Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the advantages of deleting the cat. conv.? I ordered a 4" exhaust turbo back, but it uses the factory cat. which is a 3" i believe. So if i'm putting a new 4" pipe,:dunno: it has to taper down to 3" factory cat. seems like i'm defeating the purpose of a 4" exhaust. need to get a cat delete pipe right? what about inspections ? put her back on? for that. am i thinking right?

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
What year is your truck? 7.3's don't require a cat for inspection. I would get a delete pipe and not worry about it. Or you could keep the cat and replace at inspection time..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DELETE PIPE

ITs a 1999 7.3 L. THE system i ordered (AFE alum.) does offer a delete pipe. I guess i can pick that up just about any wheres? or do you know of a good place to order one?
thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
All 7.3L in the state of Arizona go through state inspections. Of course the 99 and up don't normally come with a cat. My 97 does.
I have the delete pipe on mine and it makes about 150* difference in lowering the EGT's.

But I have to put the CAT on at inspection time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH ITS GOT ONE. I'm not sure if they checked that last time r not. I guess it depends on where ya go. I'm guessin they do i'll just get the delete pipe and see what happens

·
Registered
521 Posts
Here is how I see it. If you have a delete pipe, then they know something has been removed. If you go with a complete kit then who is to say anything different.

Just my thought. And when I can afford a complete kit, I'll quit monkeying with the CAT.

Of course, I'm sure, that depends on the state.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DELETE PIPE

THE kit i ordered (turbo back) doesn't offer one (delete pipe) it uses the stock cat. doesn't matter if they know something been removed. down here i doubt they even check. Ill keep searching for a delete pipe
thanks

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
get rid of it and get 50 bucks from the junk yard from it!! My truck didnt come with one so it was a plus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts