Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F-250 with a Diablo tuner and Quadzilla monitor. I need info on what threshold I should set my monitor to defuel.

EGT: 1250?
Tran: 225?
Oil: ?
Boost: ?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I have a 2000 F-250 with a Diablo tuner and Quadzilla monitor. I need info on what threshold I should set my monitor to defuel.

EGT: 1250?
Tran: 225?
Oil: ?
Boost: ?
Well, here's what I've found from research/personal experience. EGT: 1250 is reasonable, but look into an aftermarket intercooler if you don't have one. Trans: 225 seems a little steep. I'd bring it down to about 200-210. Oil: Not sure. Sorry, brother. Boost: Are you running the stock turbo? If so, do you have an aftermarket compressor wheel or any other upgrades for the stock piece? Look into the Overboost Eliminator before you run your boost too high, even with the Diablo tuner. You may experience defueling without it. Then someone might be able to tell you where you can cut your boost off @.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, here are some more details;

Pulling a 29 foot 4-horse trailer GVWR 14,400 lbs (empty).
Using the Tow tune on the Diablo.
Intersate driving (relatively flat in Georgia) at 60 mph.
Outside temp ~ 90 degrees F.

I get the following temps;

EGT: ~850
Tran: ~ 200-210
Oil: ~ 210

When I get on 2 lane roads with hills and curves (conditions same as above):

EGT: ~ 950
Tran: ~ 225
Oil: ~225

Any suggestions? Is this good, bad, acceptable?

·
Registered
601 Posts
sounds like you could use a bigger trans cooler.

·
Registered
738 Posts
trans temp is probably high because the monitor reads off of the stock sensor, which from what i've read it reads 20-40deg warmer than the side port with an analog gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts