Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll give you a little background. I have a 2008 F-250, 4in down pipe back exhaust, S&B intake, and a Black Maxx tuner. When I run the Hot tune and go to 100% throttle the trunk goes into defuel. I need to know what is the potential for damage when changing the defuel levels and what is the highest safest defuel level to set. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
I set my boost at 32, pyro at 1400, tranny temp at 220 as well as coolant. I think my oil temp is around 220 too. I hit my defuel with the boost when I nail it. But that's fine, I'd rather defuel then lift the heads.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Im thinking i might need to lower my boost! My temps are all same as yours, but my defuel for boost is 45 psi. I have only run the 250 tune a handful of times, and right now im set on wild. I dont know what my peak is for boost. Maybe i'll change my main display gauge to boost for a few runs just to capture my peak/ max boost while heavy on the throttle. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I thought the 6.4L made more than 32 psi stock? :dunno:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the mini maxx and my max boost ive seen was 47psi at WOT. but that was only once. at WOT it usually maxes at 43psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts