Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 800 miles the warning came on and was counting down normally.Then it took a sudden drop to 249 miles to empty and now it's back up to around 300.Anyone else have this happen.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't really have an answer to your question but about how much does yours use def wise, mine has 5000 miles and took 4 gal. Does that sound right?

An idea though, maybe the def gauge is kinda like the instant mpg where it changes depending on how you drive? :dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually get around 5000 miles before the warning comes on.The last couple of months I have been hauling some heavy loads though and the warning came on sooner this time.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah, our f450 does all the towing too so it prolly uses more than normal. Well free bump for ya!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Inever let mine get low enough to start the 800 mile count. I periodically check it and when it drops below 1/2 full, I add a 2.5 gals jug.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put 5 gallon of DEF in this evening and it could have held a little more.Mileage was back down to about 250 miles to empty.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Go thru a few key cycles and drive the truck a few miles. If the message does not reset, get the software checked at your dealer.

Since you added 5 gallons, you were almost empty and should have gotten the message but it was weird how the countdown went?? I hope it resets itself for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts