Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
30,457 Posts
thanks

the warranty coverage is screwey IMO 11-12 F250-550

then the 13-15 450/550

seems like a strange usage pattern for the reductant heater and sensor?

·
Registered
187 Posts
14 here and mine went out at 86k but of course ford doesn’t cover my year either. Not that I care since it made it easier to convince the boss truck needed a delete 😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
WOWWWWW!!!!!! Mine went out, just replaced it the week of Easter, and not this comes out......WOWWWWWW!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine went out a year and half ago....did the delete since I was going to have to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 f350 mine just went out and the dealer said its not covered at this time . glad I just got done with the delete
Yea... I also have a 2013 f-350 6.7 and mine went out this week. At the dealer now getting new heater, $800.00 + $200.00 for diagnostic test. Why doesn't Ford recognize the 2013 in the f350 category? Just my luck... doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, guess I will keep my receipt in case they decide to refund down the road. Dealer said I'm the fifth one in two weeks to come in with this problem.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
181k on my 2012, and had Ford replace my sender/heater under warranty per this TSB last week. Had to have the check engine light on (I forget the code) and provide this document, the service writer was unaware of the extended warranty on the part.

In and out of the dealer within 6 hours and not a dime spent. I'm about that.

Warranty good till the end of the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HLBeef, that's great Ford is warrantying your year (2012). Wish that was the case with my 2013 but, as I am understanding they are not covering the 2013 f350. The real kicker is that I only have 60,000 on this truck to date. Well I will be mentioning this to my dealer when I see them today. Hoping Ford will recognize the issue is ongoing to year models after 2012.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Guess this pops up as the weather turns colder. I had the code (p20ba?) come up a couple weeks ago. So did a friend. Mine went away but his heater is indeed bad. 2013 250 not covered.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm still deleting my 2012. Parts are coming in the mail. :)
But maybe I still take it in and have them put a new heater in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an update...if you have a 2013 f350 as I do, and find that the def heater doesn't work and is not warrantied by the dealer. Call Ford Motor co. 1-800-392-3673 and report the problem. They created a claim for mine and bill was reduced from $800.00 to $300.00. This is what Ford did for the years 2011-2012 before they announced a recall and are now offering a refund for anyone who paid anything for this repair. So hoping in the near future (once they realize there is a problem with this year/model) I too will receive a letter from Ford offering to repay the $300.00 I have paid. Hope this helps some guys out. Love it when Ford steps up and does the right thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 16 that I bought new that didn't received the extended warranty treatment from Ford. At around 80k my heater and sending unit went out. After speaking with Ford, they covered all but $432 of it for reasons that the customer service rep is unable to tell me. The other $432 is supposed to be covered by the dealer with loyalty cash that they receive. My only problem is the dealer that I bought this pickup from is no longer a Ford dealer.

I have a couple things that I have a problem with this. Why isn't the 16 warrantied like the first 5 years of this set up? Why is Ford not covering this all themselves and expect the dealer to pick up part of the tab?

This is Ford's 3rd strike with my family. My sister ordered a new fusion that was stuck in quarantine at ford for about 2 months before it was finally delivered and Ford promised to make things right for her and never came through. She then ordered a new 2017 F150 and when they received it the dealer had to replace the gauge cluster in a new pickup before it could be delivered. When they received it the moonroof track was bent and wouldn't allow the moonroof to open so her headliner had to be torn out of her brand new pickup. Ford again stated they would make things right for her and never did. Now, I feel I'm being hung out for that $400 from Ford. My immediate family has bought 6 new fords since 2012, it's starting to feel like Ford doesn't want to keep us in the family.

I'm not here trolling, but airing some frustration with Ford. I buy a new vehicle so I know I have a vehicle that I can count on to get from A to B when I need to get there and if I need it fixed I can take it in and get it fixed and covered under warranty. We have enough other things we have to wrench on. We use an 11 F250 on the farm that we bought used that has had the DEF heater and sender replaced with around 100k on it, my dad's 12 with 65k on it doesn't get driven in the winter, and my 16 has now had the heater and sending unit replaced. It's pretty disappointing there is a known problem and we get stuck paying for it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It was either not a trend or a pattern they saw to justify the model years not included, or it's a different company that made the heater/sender for those years. I put my stuff back on to get a sticker and brought it in for the recall. Conveniently, they replaced the heater, but then said the pump was bad which I had to foot, and it was a lot more than the $400 you have to pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was either not a trend or a pattern they saw to justify the model years not included, or it's a different company that made the heater/sender for those years. I put my stuff back on to get a sticker and brought it in for the recall. Conveniently, they replaced the heater, but then said the pump was bad which I had to foot, and it was a lot more than the $400 you have to pay.
The money isn't the big deal, it could be $12.50 and I probably would be as upset. Other than a recall, this is the first time this pickup has been in for warranty, and the 13 I had prior had never been in for warranty work. Ford gets by pretty cheap, because I don't break things. They could throw a guy a bone.

The 2020 Denali 2500HD looks nice...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
lol, if you would complain about $12 maybe a diesel isn't best for you then. You're lucky they're covering half of the bill when they have no obligation too. Go get your Denali then. NOW, you're being a troll.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
At what temps do the heaters generally kick in?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I have a 16 that I bought new that didn't received the extended warranty treatment from Ford. At around 80k my heater and sending unit went out. After speaking with Ford, they covered all but $432 of it for reasons that the customer service rep is unable to tell me. The other $432 is supposed to be covered by the dealer with loyalty cash that they receive. My only problem is the dealer that I bought this pickup from is no longer a Ford dealer.

I have a couple things that I have a problem with this. Why isn't the 16 warrantied like the first 5 years of this set up? Why is Ford not covering this all themselves and expect the dealer to pick up part of the tab?

This is Ford's 3rd strike with my family. My sister ordered a new fusion that was stuck in quarantine at ford for about 2 months before it was finally delivered and Ford promised to make things right for her and never came through. She then ordered a new 2017 F150 and when they received it the dealer had to replace the gauge cluster in a new pickup before it could be delivered. When they received it the moonroof track was bent and wouldn't allow the moonroof to open so her headliner had to be torn out of her brand new pickup. Ford again stated they would make things right for her and never did. Now, I feel I'm being hung out for that $400 from Ford. My immediate family has bought 6 new fords since 2012, it's starting to feel like Ford doesn't want to keep us in the family.

I'm not here trolling, but airing some frustration with Ford. I buy a new vehicle so I know I have a vehicle that I can count on to get from A to B when I need to get there and if I need it fixed I can take it in and get it fixed and covered under warranty. We have enough other things we have to wrench on. We use an 11 F250 on the farm that we bought used that has had the DEF heater and sender replaced with around 100k on it, my dad's 12 with 65k on it doesn't get driven in the winter, and my 16 has now had the heater and sending unit replaced. It's pretty disappointing there is a known problem and we get stuck paying for it.

Have you checked lately to see if your truck was covered or not under this extended warranty? I know some of the 2013's were not covered but didn't think any of the 14,15 or 16's were exempted.

Was the heater replaced before or after Ford extended the warranty? It replaced before and you have the receipts, you might can still get your money.

My 15 was held at the train yard for like 2 months. I complained and Ford CS did give me 3 years/45,000 miles of Premium service on my truck for free.

Reactions: flatlander_summit
1 - 20 of 26 Posts