Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Does anyone happen to know if the mirrors surface areas are fairly comparable between the '08 & '17 models? I am especially interested in the convex (spot) portion of the mirrors. If you're over 50, towing a longer trailer and making a right turn, the OEM stock passenger convex mirror kinda telescopes into a black hole when you're looking for trailer clearance back there... I will be putting one of these mirror models on my 2004 F350. Thanks for any help.

I believe the convex on both is very similar, if not the same. I prefer the ‘08+ on my 2011 over the ‘17+ on my ‘06. Just my preference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Well, both mirrors look good on the earlier trucks. The clipped corner on the '17 gives the impression of style over usability although I'm not sure if the mirror itself is actually clipped. Life's too short to add mirror decisions...I think I'll stay with the '08. Hopefully there is little vibration or glass distortion...thanks for the input.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have not towed or driven with the 17+ mirrors (although that may change) so I really can't comment on them, I can say the trail ridge mirrors are worth buying and the 08 style are a vast improvement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had some ebay 08+ style power mirrors on my 99 before I traded for my 06. Dealer wanted the square mirrors on my 99 to help resale and he gave me an extra $500 on my trade for them. But they had some of the vibration like some of you are talking about. So I found a pair of factory mirrors off of a '10 that were factory fold and extend. I haven't gotten the power hooked up yet but I went ahead and put them in and there is zero vibration. My recommendation after having both aftermarket and factory, if you can find a set reasonably, go for factory. I cant speak for the 1aauto mirrors. I have heard only good reviews of them, but the factory mirrors are great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
On this topic of mirror swapping, do I have to get aftermarket mirrors or can I get used sets off of an 08+ or the 11+? Asking for a friend.

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
Any OEM '08-'16 mirror will fit but the wiring and switches are a bit different. Most aftermarket options solve that problem for you and make them plug and play.

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
I don't mean to :hijack: this thread , but I finally got around to installing my 08+ Trailridge mirrors from 1Aauto. I LOVE the mirrors. The visibility has improved tremendously and I love the blind spot mirror. Simply said, there isn't a blind spot anymore. Installing the mirrors took less than one hour.

I ordered the power folding mirrors so that I wouldn't have to get out to fold the mirrors every time I park in the garage (winter time) and this is where it becomes very interesting. I ordered a new mirror switch to include the PF option. I ordered the other parts as per @Dante04SRT sticky. The new mirrors come with added pigtails for the PF options everything else is pretty much plug and play.
The PF wiring requires me passing wires from the door to the cab (sticky does that too) but for the life of me, I cannot do that through the door boot. the wiring harness there ends up in a square plug (electronic) and I'm not willing to drill a hole anywhere close to that.

So I am reaching out to anyone who's done this conversion? How in the :censored: did you pass the wires through? I am also a bit miffed as to @Dante04SRT install as I feel there's missing info. Maybe it's just me.
Also where does the power folding module plug into (see sticky)?

Any :help1: would be greatly appreciated. I will post some pics eventually. I can't be the only one that opted for the power folding option.....

:thankyou2: in advance!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts