Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 F250 that has developed a severe death wobble. Vehicle was brought to the dealer. Tech replaced drag links, all bushings, stabilizer, shocks and many other steering components. installed wheel slugs and aligned to what he said were minimums. Truck is totally stock with no mods including tires. Two days after picking up still have the wobble. Was told vehicle needed new tires. Replaced all four and still have the wobble and it is getting more and more frequent. Sometimes driving on level road when putting pressure to turn left you feel a shimmy sometimes you don't. First off after spending $2600 not including the tires i now feel they just took the shotgun approach as it obviously didnt fix the issue. Now im being told that is just the nature of the beast. Any suggestions. truck well out of warranty. But considering all components have been replaced this leads me to believe it is a design issue. When hitting a bump also in a left turn it feels like the front end skips and the wheel goes from your hand. Been told they put in a "hotline ticket" that was a month ago! I bought this truck to pull equipment and obviously that aint happening as most of my driving is on the interstate.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Reactions: sbluke55

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 05. I replaced alot of things and it turned out that my tires were old and the sidewalls were soft. New tires no problem! It sucked having replaced all of the track bar and bushings and other stuff only to find the tires were the issue!

·
Vendor
2,937 Posts
As others have said, track bar ball joint and tires are common fixes. Also, check the track bar bushing for deflection at the frame connection!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts