Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought the truck to the dealer to have an oil leak fixed when it had 80,000 miles on it. It seemed to me to be leaking around the exhasut manifold. The service advisor stated on my invoice that it was normal seepage and no problems were found. The truck now has 90,000 on it and is nearing the end of its warranty. Should I go back to the same dealer with the invoice that says "normal seepage" or try another dealer? There is a spot of oil about the size of a hockey puck under the truck every morning. It sounds to me like its going to be a pain to fix and they are just hoping they will not have to take care of it under warranty.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Ask him if he has " Normal Seepage"
Man take it to another dealer, If they refuse to fix it go higher and higher until you find the right decision maker!!!!!!!!!!
I would'nt have not accepted it in the first place.

Good luck, And report back to us.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
yes, go to a different dealership. a leak isnt normal.........

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
A truck leaking oil is no more normal than you peeing in your pants all the time, it's just not right unless your an infant or an old person in which case ya can't help it. Get it taken care of before your warranty is up. :thumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the dealership where i live are not the only retards out there i'm glad someone else has to deal with this a$$holes too. what you should do is call back down and act like you have never been there before and ask if a leak of anykind is normal.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts