Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dealership Reflash?

570 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DoubleDpsd 
#1 ·
So,

I hear a bunch of you talking about taking your truck in and the dealership reflashes the computer.

Is this something we are supposed to have done? If so how often? If it isn't something that we are supposed to do on a regular basis, is there any benefit to it? Should I request that they do it every time I take my truck for an oil change?

I guess I'm just looking for some education on the subject.

By the way, I have no chip/module/tuner or any other modifications that would cause the dealership to void or deny warranty coverage.

Thanks,

Daryl

#2 ·
We aren't supposed to have it done, but some programs are preferred over others so some owners will request that they be uploaded. Flashes aren't something that happen every oil change, only when something is wrong and the flash may be able to help solve the problem. I believe the most recent one is the inductive heating flash which I think only reprograms the FICM to aid in cold start, but im not 100% on that. IMO, if you aren't having any issues with cold start or anything else for that matter, don't worry about it. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.