Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I need to take my truck in for the 90,000 mile service/check up. Normally I usually take my truck to a local mechanic, but I was thinking that I'd like to take it to someone thats used to working with these trucks so I thought I would take it to the service center at one of the Ford dealerships. Question is are they trustworthy with my truck? I've just heard stories sometimes about them fixing stuff that doesn't need to be fixed or tampering with things to get you to come back, or is this a common myth? I don't want this thread to get shut down so please no bashing and just state your opinion or suggestion on what I should do...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a dealership tech. and there's no one in our shop that would tamper with a vehicle to get it to come back.For that mater I honestly have never worked anywhere that did things like that.
I'm not saying that every mechanic on the planet is honest,but we have priests that are doing some pretty horrible things in this country,but you don't stop going to church because most preachers are good people and I truly think most mechanics are too.
Techs are just working people too trying to support their families not screw everyone they can get ahold of. just my .002

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a dealership tech. and there's no one in our shop that would tamper with a vehicle to get it to come back.For that mater I honestly have never worked anywhere that did things like that.
I'm not saying that every mechanic on the planet is honest,but we have priests that are doing some pretty horrible things in this country,but you don't stop going to church because most preachers are good people and I truly think most mechanics are too.
Techs are just working people too trying to support their families not screw everyone they can get ahold of. just my .002
Thanks for you honest imput, I really appreciate it. I'm going to make date to get it into the dealer service center hopefully within the next month :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
No problem sk. And yes I have worked for independent shops and dealerships over the years and when it comes to straight up knowing a particular brand/line of vehicle inside and out there is no substitute for a dealership tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.