Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
No help for ya but holy nuts is that a mean lookin truck! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
they should be able to, they won't want too, we have a cheap balencer where I work and I put 39.5's on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do the dealers care if you have 38s on the truck. The reason I ask is the warranty on the tranny with big tires.

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Do the dealers care if you have 38s on the truck. The reason I ask is the warranty on the tranny with big tires.
the truck can tow 20,000 pounds, but it can't handle 200 pounds more tire !!!!!!!!!! lol. just kidding. i know, it is about the strain because the effective gear ratio has been changed.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They should be able to the only time I wasn't able to balance a tire under 39's was when we didn't have a cone big enough for it. The machine could have done it though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on checking with my servicing dealer but was just curious what you all were doing. Wasn't sure if it was common knowledge whether or not they could.

Now to call anonymously and see if they will void my warranty if I come in for a balance with no DPF on the truck! 0:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ive had real good results with equal, i just did my 35 1250s used 6 oz per tire, no balancing necessary

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Take them to a tire shop that does semis, dump trucks, and trucks of that size. Their alignment machine can do them unlike smaller tire places such as Tire Discounters and small local places.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts