Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed both my fuel filters just as many have said to do on this forum. I can't get it to prime now. I've pulled the to filter out and it won't even fill the bowl. It just gurgles. Tried the schrader valve trick and got a few bubbles and a little fuel once. What do I do now? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
This may be stupid question but did you turn the key on Atleast 6 times for 30 secs before trying to start it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And there is a wrench on my display if that helps anyone know what might be the problem.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Can you pour some diesel into the filter bowl.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about trying that but I didn't know if I could our not. I have never seen that recommended for this problem. I just went through the whole procedure again. Cycling the key right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a waste if time. Same result. I guess I'll see if my 3 year old will give me a ride to work tomorrow on his 12v John Deere gator.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got it. I'm not sure if this is exactly what made it prime, but I pulled the top filter again and dumped fuel in the bowl. Watched the bowl as I cycled the pump and it drained almost empty so I put more fuel in it and cycled the pump and finally got the bowl to start filling on it's own. Put it back together went through the cycle procedure again while bleeding air from the Schrader valve. Hit the key and that was that. Might not do this again on a Sunday evening though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ive had to pressurize my tank with an air nozzle and a rag, worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i read another thread on here where a fella changed out lp pump filter as he left the cap off the fuel bowl and had a tough time restarting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i read another thread on here where a fella changed out lp pump filter as he left the cap off the fuel bowl and had a tough time restarting.
That's what I did. Is that wrong? That's how I understood to do it from the multiple threads I've read on here.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
im not sure of the "proper" preocedure but i change the bowl first. finish the change by sealing the cap then move onto the lp pump.

i had a problem once when i didnt tighten the cap enough. other than that no problems.

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 xlt
791 Posts
Not battery charger laying around? Not to spendy

·
Registered
306 Posts
so you using ford filters?.........no old o'rings stuck anywhere ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts