Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 9in lift on my 97 and i want to downsize what will i have to do besides just geting a smaller lift kit? i dont have the stock parts before the lift and the steering on my lift kit is different than stock. any info would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
What is the lift made off?

OR have any pics of the suspension?

·
Registered
214 Posts
one thing is shorten the drive shafts may be a new pittman arm just play it by ear and have a freind with a truck just like your so you can compare or take some pictures of one

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
If your just going smaller and not going back to stock then just buying a compleat new lift, for example a 4" will have everything you need. Springs, steering stuff and all!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
you probaly have a front shackle lift kit. You can take that off. depending on what one you have it will drop the truck 5" to 3". And if you have blocks in the back, you could take them out or swap them for smaller ones

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well its i believe a superlift and it also has like 3in body lift so i might go with a 4in suspension lift/its blocks and add a leaf in the back and i think new springs in the front. i dont think it has the rite pitman arm on there anyways looks a little short. which do you think would be the simplest and most effective a new 4in lift or take the blocks out the back and new sprigns on the front?:dunno: like i said im a little worried about the steering i will try to take some pics and post them up in a littlewhile.

·
Registered
923 Posts
u probably have a super runner stearing linkage. thats what i have iyth a 6" lift, and it has to be a min of 4" to be used

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know of a good 4in and where i could get one?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
get rid of the body lift

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i would but i like the extra space in the engine compartment

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im thinkin about going with a 4in lift any info on who sells a good one at a reasonable price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts