Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i saw the other thread and it kind reminded me i want to ask a similar question, just didnt want to high jack.

What happens with de-fueling, how does it feel, because pulling a trailer up cuesta grade i can easily hit 26 psi with my truck? but maybe cause i dont exactly know if it is doing this or not, i havent realized what i am looking for. maybe i should just a boost fooler and see if it is any different. it has only thrown the over boost code once that i have seen.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump............

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
when mine did it you can tell you lose power and your boost gague just drops because the computer is cutting the fuel down....

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Usually it feels like it falls on it's face(noses over) and/or you might notice the boost drop some.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
yea, it feels like the trucks pulls back for a second, then ussually it will shift(in my experiances :)) and then it will come back

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
If your not running any kind of programmer or chip/tunes I don't think it will be very noticable for you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
it can be, like if you hit the revlimiter ..like acidentally forgetting the od button is off when passing ....that sucks. I don't stay on my boost long enough to defuel much. due to that.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks. maybe it is cause i dont have any sort of chip or programmer, but i can hit 26 psi and hold it all the way to the top of cuesta grade pulling a trailer. that is why i was curious, cause i thought most said it would kick in and de-fuel before this point.

Dunno for sure, but i ordered a overboost annihilator and it will be here tomorrow, so i will install it when i get my truck back this weekend. it is getting a new HD tranny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts