Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone has a similar experience and can direct me a little bit here,

I just bought a new to me 17 f350 Lariat w/ the standard LED headlamps, with the daytime running lights on the lower passenger light flickers erratically. If I turn on the lights full power, no problem. Just under the dimmed condition running the daytime lamps. From my experience, erratic LED's are generally from a power source issue- too little voltage, bad connection etc..

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Also, the moonroof seems out of adjustment and clunks pretty good when you open it. It can't be good for it to bind up like that. Anyone know how to adjust it?

-Nick

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try venting your sunroof before you open it. The seals seam to get stuck together. Lots of people have broken the plastic tracks on the sunroof and venting before opening will help prevent those tracks breaking. If you do break the tracks, sunroof doctor online sells replacement for about $200 and is a couple hour fix.

I don’t have any input for your light problem.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I reread your post. If the daytime running lights are dim, you could always use forscan to adjust the C lights up to full power. That might stop the flicker problem. I’m pretty sure the 17s DRL C lights were dimmed and the 2018/19s were full brightness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try venting your sunroof before you open it. The seals seam to get stuck together. Lots of people have broken the plastic tracks on the sunroof and venting before opening will help prevent those tracks breaking. If you do break the tracks, sunroof doctor online sells replacement for about $200 and is a couple hour fix.

I don’t have any input for your light problem.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. It does seem a little janky. I probably will mainly use the vent feature anyways.

As far as the lights go, the brightness may be the issue. Seems like at full power there is no issue.

Educate me on the "forscan" deal? Im not privvy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Forscan is a free software you download and apply for a free 2 month license. Everyone gets accepted. You buy a $35 ELM 27 adapter linked below. The adapter has to have the HS/MS switch. (Think of it as My side and Her side for the way the switch points). The program tells you when you need to flip the switch so it loads all the modules.

Have I lost you yet? It’s might sound complicated and intimidating but it’s really easy.

You plug your adapter into the OBD II port in the truck and your laptop. You run the forscan software and it will load all of your modules in your truck. You can go into the module asbuilt file last and usually change one of the 12 digits from a 0 to a 1 to activate a feature. (Making C lights full brightness) You make the change and hit write. Lights flash and bang, you have changed a feature in your truck. I have attached a spreadsheet that you can look at to see what can be changed.

Before you make a change, you will want to back up your stock settings. It’s as simple as hitting save.

If you can setup a printer, you can use forscan. There are plenty of YouTube tutorial to help you through the getting a license and running the software.

Again, it may sound complicated but it’s one of the biggest benefits of owning a ford. I was intimidated at first but now I’m programming friends trucks. So simple.

https://www.amazon.ca/VINT-TT55502-Modified-Windows-ELMconfig-Compatible/dp/B01N18TOFB/ref=asc_df_B01N18TOFB/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292961177215&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18084942391862818262&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001436&hvtargid=pla-570196047965&psc=1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qf2gYgkhmsX-dnFO3Ki0nYUvr7aeLKsHsA0WxhDns1s/htmlview

1 - 5 of 5 Posts