Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has day time running lights how can i buy pass these or maybe run fogs on the circuit instead of head lights. I realy dont have a problem with the lights other than unessasary current draw if having starting problems. I would like to put them on a switch or just delete all together.:dunno:

Thanks
Dale:thumb:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Im just thinking our loud here but,

there must be remote wire in the ignition switch somewhere that turns on the DRL. If you could find this wire you should be able to disable them

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
IIRC there is a relay box behind the glovebox for the DRL. Somewhere by the driver's side battery is a resistor block. You could probably just disconnect the resistor block and be done with it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
All you have to do is pull the DRL fuse out the fuse box under the hood, if you dont have the book let me know i will give you the number of the fuse when i get back home tonight.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
In the 7.3 mod section, Maintain posted a thread about the fog light mod, but I think it says not applicable to Canadian trucks with DRL (which mine is/has) if I were to pull this same fuse would I be in business or open a can of worms?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I did a day light delete mod with 2% tint :]

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
To get rid of my daytime running lights there was a box mounted on the core support behind my drivers side lights, I just unplugged the harness from it and that took care of it, not sure if its the same on a SD

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
power distribution box under hood fuse #12 pull it 10 amp.... if you unhook the drl module the high beam indicator dont work either

pulling the fuse does nothing but kill the drl

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
To get rid of my daytime running lights there was a box mounted on the core support behind my drivers side lights, I just unplugged the harness from it and that took care of it, not sure if its the same on a SD
Yes the OBS is different. Did you do any splicing after you unplugged the module so your park brake light works again?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yes the OBS is different. Did you do any splicing after you unplugged the module so your park brake light works again?
Nope I didnt do any splicing so my high beams light doesnt come on, not a big deal. Are you talking about the e brake light? if so my ebrake lost the cables running down the frame before I bought it so I dont have to worry about that. lol but it still comes on

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just pull the fuse that is all i did to mine and it works great !

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks every body for the help:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts