Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ford excursion 6.0 2004 eddie bauer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the learning process has and is a steep learning curve.
having contacted a number usa car part suppliers here in europe over the last few days, no one has as much as an oil filter for my newly acquired excursion 6.0 2004 so I am in the ####.
I am in the midst of getting obd2 blue tooth and an android app torques for my pad (Samsung) so I will know what I am looking at more precisely .

due to the egr problem I was going to start with a flush first to see what happens as the coolant temp gauge does not move from centre even though its dumped the water through the exhaust (white smoke steam) about half a gallon 3ltrs as it warms up. after that it does not seem to lose any more.

then I was going to do an oil change with an anti stiction additive due to its none drivability on start up and of course its a rough start up( horrible) but with no parts I am pretty much stuffed.
I obviously don't wish to do more damage if there is any.

so does anyone know a good supplier they use, who would be happy to export to europe, so I can order a few goodies obviously cash paid with order.
I also need a workshop manual any suggestions of who's to by.
I would also like a hand book as I still know little about it. eddie bauer 2004 if there is such a thing..

yes I am slowly reading through your pages its good, but the site has changed its lay out or am I dreaming it lol, 11days remember lock down.

cheers steveh
gibraltar

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I dont know about over in Europe but Amazon sells filters here in the US. Just make sure it is a Motorcraft filter. For a "hand book" there is way more valuable information here on this fourm and in youtube videos than you will find in Hayes, Chilton etc. Diesel Tech Ron and FordTechMakuloco to name a couple of the many from Youtube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
The learning is steep, i'm in year two of owning first truck, diesel and ford. I do not know if they ship out of the U.S. but a lot of folks here use bulletproofdiesel.com, they are aftermarket but good quality. I personally purchased a remote oil cooler and filter setup. Its a little more pricey, but works well in longterm. I would be careful with Amazon, i ordered my first fuel filters from them and spent two hours trying to get them to fit... i finally went to the ford dealer for help and they found the parts were counterfeit.The parts/holes/box where slightly small than the ford dealer parts, and the second language on instructions were different. Diesel Ron, like letsmow10, is a good source... he also has a setup video for the bluetooth reader. This site is very friendly and helpful with many step by step procedures.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I bought a full set of factory manuals for an ‘04 years ago on eBay. Bought several since for other things. You can get them cheaper on CD, print out what you want when you need to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The learning is steep, i'm in year two of owning first truck, diesel and ford. I do not know if they ship out of the U.S. but a lot of folks here use bulletproofdiesel.com, they are aftermarket but good quality. I personally purchased a remote oil cooler and filter setup. Its a little more pricey, but works well in longterm. I would be careful with Amazon, i ordered my first fuel filters from them and spent two hours trying to get them to fit... i finally went to the ford dealer for help and they found the parts were counterfeit.The parts/holes/box where slightly small than the ford dealer parts, and the second language on instructions were different. Diesel Ron, like letsmow10, is a good source... he also has a setup video for the bluetooth reader. This site is very friendly and helpful with many step by step procedures.
interesting thanks for this, as you say I think bullet proof while OUCH $$$$ is going to be the best solution as the last thing I need is the wrong parts to arrive in Europe as freight costs can be silly. i.e. my son needed an alternator for his Pontiac cost 95$ good aye post cost 150$ er not so good. I think I will go for the pro istall kit 280$ and a blue spring update as doubt that the previous owner did anything at all.

cheers steve h
Gibraltar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a full set of factory manuals for an ‘04 years ago on eBay. Bought several since for other things. You can get them cheaper on CD, print out what you want when you need to.
that's a good idea, my problem is I do like my books lol just to browse when if .
what about a hand book or are they not worth the paper they ore written on.??
steveh
Gibraltar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know about over in Europe but Amazon sells filters here in the US. Just make sure it is a Motorcraft filter. For a "hand book" there is way more valuable information here on this fourm and in youtube videos than you will find in Hayes, Chilton etc. Diesel Tech Ron and FordTechMakuloco to name a couple of the many from Youtube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
thanks
steveh
Gibraltar.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
that's a good idea, my problem is I do like my books lol just to browse when if .
what about a hand book or are they not worth the paper they ore written on.??
steveh
Gibraltar.
Im not sure what you mean by hand books.. I’m going to assume you mean chitons, or Haynes manuals etc.
They are meant for someone with no experience. If you don’t know anything about your vehicle or vehicle Mtce, no matter what it is, it’s a good place to start. But they only give you the basics. How to change your oil, brake pads, lubricate chassis, a few basic repairs, General Mtce items, etc etc.
If you’re looking for more than that, they do not get into any type of details. I would still suggest a full set of factory manuals if you are keeping the the truck. They are well worth it. You can get them on paper as well. I prefer those too.
For your self, Haynes/Chilton may be a good place to start, but I don’t know what your knowledge base is.
For parts, filter, oils etc.. Amazon will probably be your best bet. Use Motorcraft when you can.

Are you in Gibraltar?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure what you mean by hand books.. I’m going to assume you mean chitons, or Haynes manuals etc.
They are meant for someone with no experience. If you don’t know anything about your vehicle or vehicle Mtce, no matter what it is, it’s a good place to start. But they only give you the basics. How to change your oil, brake pads, lubricate chassis, a few basic repairs, General Mtce items, etc etc.
If you’re looking for more than that, they do not get into any type of details. I would still suggest a full set of factory manuals if you are keeping the the truck. They are well worth it. You can get them on paper as well. I prefer those too.
For your self, Haynes/Chilton may be a good place to start, but I don’t know what your knowledge base is.
For parts, filter, oils etc.. Amazon will probably be your best bet. Use Motorcraft when you can.

Are you in Gibraltar?
yes I am in Gibraltar, in between spain and morroco a very small place. but safe or it was till c19 came along

thanks for the info, I think I am going to go to bullet proof for the bits filters and blue spring etc as I cannot afford the parts to arrive and be wrong i.e. filters to short or or or. as one guy has said here what he got from amazon was wrong even though it looked right.

steveh
Gibraltar

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another helpful tip I found - On YouTube, I found a video from Rusty (SrMastertech) and he had a list of recommended tools for working on the 6.0. Nothing fancy, just what you need. I since have made a number of repairs, and was grateful to have had the tools to make the jobs go well.

+1 on referring to DieseltechRon and FordTechMakuloco for repair advice as well. Between advice from this site, and those 3 youtube sources I have the confidence to tackle most any engine repairs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts