Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I have been thinking of this idea that data logs all your emissions sensors. So when you unplug them they can be plugged into a computer program that tricks the pcm into thinking the sensor is still active. This would mean that you could never get an emissions code and always pass an obd emissions test without failure.

Let me know if you think this is at all possible

2011 f350 4x4 lariat ccsb

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
You would have to have multiple data logs to reference too. And pray the smog tech only needs your references.

Sometimes they force egr off/on to check function vs just checking normal operation etc. it sounds cool, but SOOO many variables not including finding a smog tech willing to risk their license

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
California already has a term for this too. Dry-plugging. They save a data log from a vehicle that's either the same or nearly and plug it into the machine and give you a pass.

Please believe me I hate the emissions systems on our trucks, they don't reduce crap in the LONG RUN all they do is fail and cause oil/coolant leaks and then we have to ship more parts with diesel and coal burning boats and trucks that leak oil/coolant then we store them in parts houses, then our technicians use very dangerous chemicals to clean all the old parts and install the new parts.

vs just having a cat that almost never fails on a diesel and takes 1/5th of the material to replace/repair lol.

·
Administrator
29,133 Posts
a term for this too. Dry-plugging. .
how dare they try and "recoin" a term that already had a well-established alternate meaning :surprise:

·
Administrator
21,555 Posts
VW already did all that and still got hammered.
:nod: and anyone else that gets caught wont fair as well as they did.

But hey, why not join a forum and make this your first post... :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts