Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got around to trying to install my dashdaq today. I emailed my info to Spartan and got the reponse with the zip file containing the firmware update and license. I plug in dashdaq to the usb to update it with the cd. My computer says new harware found stuff and and tries to search for drivers. Then it can't find any and I do the browse as per the instruction manual and then I click install. It appears to work says complete. I look at the dashdaq screen and it says "Boot halted. You may attempt to recover". I can't access the recovery tool on the cd or the drew tech website and it wasn't intalled on my computer. When I try to installl the tool it says there is an error and won't let me reinstall. Anyone have this problem or am I just lucky. Anyway I can't install the firmware update and license that was emailed to me. I plug it in to my truck and it seems to work like it should as a monitor only, but I am unable to Flash it with my computer. :dunno: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the firmware in an email also. I download the file but I can't open it from there. I tried using winzip's free test version and when I try using Adobe it says that it can't open it because it does not recognize it or it is corrupted while downloading. I've tried everything to no avail. I'm stuck. Any help? I knew I would hate this, I'm a plug and play guy that is computer illiterate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just finished after 2 hours of downloading the firmware etc... I didn't click on the link in the email. I doubled clicked the actual attachment that was sent. After downloading it, I istalled the wiz zip free trial and then clicked on extract all files. Once they were on my computer I followed the instructions and succesfully retrieved the trucks strategy codes. Hope this helps.... I am now waiting for the tunes from Spartan.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went thru the same confusion as you both. IslandBoy, if you go plug it in to your truck you will probably see tha tit has been updated by the revision #. As long as the updater said it was a success. Now you have to save the license to a folder on the sd card. I'm not computer savy enough to explain the whole process, i just kept messing with it until it worked.

As for Steeler Fan, look for something that says extract files when you open the zip file, then copy and paste it to the desktop. hope his helps some.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went thru the same confusion as you both. IslandBoy, if you go plug it in to your truck you will probably see tha tit has been updated by the revision #. As long as the updater said it was a success. Now you have to save the license to a folder on the sd card. I'm not computer savy enough to explain the whole process, i just kept messing with it until it worked.

As for Steeler Fan, look for something that says extract files when you open the zip file, then copy and paste it to the desktop. hope his helps some.
Thanks I'll try tranfer the files from my desktop to the sd card. What happens when you plug in you dashdaq to your usb port on your computer? My screen shows this:

BL: DashBoot-1.3.3-961
SN: #430 rev 1
Detected a USB cable
USB link established
Boot halted. You may now attempt to recover.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's the best way to put the unzipped file into the memory card. I just kept trying diferent things until it worked...

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, let me clarify the Updater tool from the cd never installed on my pc. I can't reinstall it either, I just get the message I typed abve on the dashdaq screen when I plug it in to the usb port.

·
Registered
76 Posts
that's what mine said too. you can unplug the dashdaq now. Now you need to copy the firmware, lic. to your sd card. just as the instructions say. Then go out to the truck and install the license and retrieve your calibration code.

08Stroker.
What did your code look like. It says in the instructions sent from spartan that you will get engine and transmision data as a pair of part numbers. All i got was a long number like 8c3w-12345-u7u878-8u8ui8-po

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not able to load the data package that wasemailed to me the (dashdaq- 1.3.5-1087-flash.ddtpkg) I put the firmware upgrade and license on the sd card and when I plug it in to my truck its says reading from sd card but only the licence seems to load and the firmware #number ends with 1029 not the 1087 that was sent by Spartan.:dunno:

·
Registered
54 Posts
how do you put it on the sd card. Could someone let me know step by step what you did. I'm not good at computers. When I go to extract files it says it can't. Why? Any info?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I got it finally.:woot: I emailed Drew tech and said everything is normal except that the Updater tool would not load on my pc. They ask if I had another pc to try and I borrowed my wife's laptop. It worked. I guess that cd didin't like my pc. If it helps any I was running Windows Vista ultimate 64 on the pc the cd didn't like.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how do you put it on the sd card. Could someone let me know step by step what you did. I'm not good at computers. When I go to extract files it says it can't. Why? Any info?
Were you able to extract the files on your desktop? Do you have a sd card reader on you pc? If so, insert you sd card into the reader. It should pop up and you can choose to view files. Click that and a new window will open that is empty. In that window right click you mouse to open a menu and choose new folder. Rename the new folder to "transfer". Go back to your desktop and right click the licence and select copy. Go back to the window for the sd card and right click it and select paste. It will then transfer the the license to the sd card. (This is all assumiing you were able to load the Dashdaq Updater tool software o your PC and update witht the other file that was emailed.) Then plug in to your truck and on the main menu select tuning and select vehicle info. Write the info down and email it back to Spartan. Hope this helps :thumb:(sorry, I'm not a tech person but I gave it a shot)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Were you able to extract the files on your desktop? Do you have a sd card reader on you pc? If so, insert you sd card into the reader. It should pop up and you can choose to view files. Click that and a new window will open that is empty. In that window right click you mouse to open a menu and choose new folder. Rename the new folder to "transfer". Go back to your desktop and right click the licence and select copy. Go back to the window for the sd card and right click it and select paste. It will then transfer the the license to the sd card. (This is all assumiing you were able to load the Dashdaq Updater tool software o your PC and update witht the other file that was emailed.) Then plug in to your truck and on the main menu select tuning and select vehicle info. Write the info down and email it back to Spartan. Hope this helps :thumb:(sorry, I'm not a tech person but I gave it a shot)
Do i use the DashDAQ recovery tool and documentation disk??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Guys My CD didn't work either I went to dashdaq.com and downloaded the recovery tool. The cd is not working. I got everything I needed then

Justin:thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am an idiot, what is a sd card reader. Do I need one. Could somebody please walk me through this. I have my card in the dashdaq, it's plugged into my computer. What do I do next.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Can you do it without putting it on a SD card? The computer I'm on now does not have a slot for an SD card, but I have one at work if I can not figure it out without it. Can you do it using only the jump drive?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am an idiot, what is a sd card reader. Do I need one. Could somebody please walk me through this. I have my card in the dashdaq, it's plugged into my computer. What do I do next.
If you have a newer laptop it will have a slot on the side to insert the sd card..... The install goes real smooth if you read the instructions real carefully . My cd didnt work either I had to go to dashdaq's website and download it .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can you do it without putting it on a SD card? The computer I'm on now does not have a slot for an SD card, but I have one at work if I can not figure it out without it. Can you do it using only the jump drive?
Jump drive wont work i dont think ....

1 - 20 of 68 Posts