Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been answered on here before but I have been looking into a cts when I came across the dashboss. I'm wondering what all I need to get started and adding on the egt and fuel pressure. I know I need the obdII blue tooth but as far as the amplifiers I only need a single channel for the egt correct? I don't need it for the fuel pressure? Any and all information would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Here is the "how to" with DashBoss.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...243507-dashboss-iphone-external-port-how.html

Here is the fuel psi sensor I used.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=250799543734

And in the link above I used a cheap EGT 5v amplifier, but found that its too jumpy for my taste. I have since switched to a better EGT amplifier. You can buy these from DashBoss website, with or without the EGT probe.

http://www.fullspeednet.com/dashboss/ShoppingCart/products.php?23&sid=4l9a4dq2qs58qtv9ci011dt8c0

Any questions, feel free to ask. Either Tuscany or I will get back to you.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Oh yhea, for fuel psi, you don't need the 5v amplifier. The amplifier is only used for the EGT.

Thermocouples send millivolt signals from the probe. A amplifier is used to convert millivolt to volt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So for the fuel pressure I just screw it into the test port run one wire to a power source and the other two to the connector piece?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
So for the fuel pressure I just screw it into the test port run one wire to a power source and the other two to the connector piece?
You will need a M12 X 1.5 male to 1/8" NPT female adapter for the fuel test port.

Yes, with the sensor and wire plug that I used, the red wire was the 5v positive input that I tapped off of the EGR valve wire harness (brown with white tracer). The blue wire was 5v positive output that goes to DashBoss purple wire. The black wire is ground that goes to the DashBoss white wire.

After you have done the install, you need to set up the DashBoss voltage to psi in the config screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lilpooh,

I sent you a PM, but do you have a step by step for the fuel sensor for us nervous people who don't want to tackle it without pictures and super detailed instructions? I would feel a lot better with pics or even a video.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lilpooh,

I bought Pressure Transducer or Sender 100 PSI for Oil Fuel Air | eBay, the DashBoss and got the DashBoss app for my iPhone.

Where do I go from here? Previous posts show one set of items (although some of the links no longer work) and the PM you sent shows other items, so I'm confused.

If anyone out there has done this exact process for setting up Fuel pressure attachment to the DashBoss, it would be greatly appreciated for a write-up on what you did WITH pictures. I have found pictures here and there of other ways, but I'm not good with electrical stuff, so I need directions that a child could follow :)

Lilpooh, I finally got to a computer where I can see your pictures and it makes a little more sense, but I don't get what the T connection is where there are two connectors coming in from the sides and your screwing one in from the top. Not sure what that's about.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
icebergs,

So here is how I see it.

1. Remove plug from fuel bowl after draining all fuel with turkey baster.
2. Insert M12 X 1.5 male to 1/8" NPT female adapter where the plug came from.
3. Screw the Pressure Transducer or Sender 100 PSI for Oil Fuel Air | eBay onto the adapter installed in step 2.
4. From the Pressure Transducer or Sender 100 PSI for Oil Fuel Air | eBay run one wire (how do I know which one?) to the brown with white tracer wire on the EGR bundle. Run the ground wire to the ground (white) port on the Dashboss pigtail and the 3rd wire to the other (purple) port on the Dashboss? From there, plug the white/purple adapter into the back of the Dashboss?

Am I far off?

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
You don't need to drain the filter bowl. Only a few drips will come out.
Insert adapter.
Use the 90* m/f. You need it to give you some room for the transducer wires pushing on the coolant line.
Screw in the transducer.

I should send you back to eBay; it's all there.
Input: 0-100 psi.
Output: 0.5V – 4.5V linear voltage output.
Wiring: Red: +5V. Black (yellow): ground. Blue (green): signal output

Wiring: 5v from EGR is BR/w to Red on pigtail. BL/gr to DashBoss. BK/y back to DashBoss and ground. You must ground this wire to the truck frame and the DB; the cab near the DB is preferred. This wire from the DB will test as a ground, but it floats in the circuit and will not work unless tied as a chassis ground.
Set your voltage input to the values above for correct PSI reading. BTW, you could use one of the unused wires in the engine bay, driver's side, upper rear for the through the firewall connection, if you wanted. They come out near the parking brake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you guys. I didn't realize I had to order the $3.50 connection kit from Dashboss. I tried to get a hold of them before my order shipped out so they could throw it in to save me on some shipping, but it had already gone out...BUT, those guys at DashBoss are SO COOL that they're shipping it to me at no cost. They're not charging me for the connector OR the shipping. Customer service is still alive!!!!!! Please use these guys and buy their products!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts