Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed this panel? If so, how hard is it to remove? I sold my 6 Gun to someone and I am going to swap these panels if they are the same color so I don't have a hole in it where the PDA was mounted.

·
Registered
286 Posts
looking for the same info, I want to mount the control panel for a dual band 2 meter / 70 cm radio there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
it should swap no problem, it just pulls off making a bunch of loud unclipping sounds. Besides the color difference it should work just fine. Just take your time and you should get it off no problem. Be sure not to pull if off too far before disconnecting some of your dash mounted switches like your lights and 4wd selector

good luck

·
Registered
295 Posts
so i missed some comments in your original post... remove the two screws under your CR bag and the panel under the steering wheel to make sure there are no screws holding it on. Remove the cup holder and you should be good to go!

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i missed some comments in your original post... remove the two screws under your CR bag and the panel under the steering wheel to make sure there are no screws holding it on. Remove the cup holder and you should be good to go!
Appreciate the info. I installed the 6 Gun for the guy but his truck ended up being an 05 so everything was different. The PDA wouldn't even mount in his truck but he still wanted it. He said he would make a custom mount for it. Sold it for $850.

·
Registered
295 Posts
out of curiosity, why did you sell the 6 gun? I am installling an ottomind 6 on my buddy's dmax this weekend. Got any pics of the truck with your add-ons?

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
out of curiosity, why did you sell the 6 gun? I am installling an ottomind 6 on my buddy's dmax this weekend. Got any pics of the truck with your add-ons?
I blew the head gaskets. Had ARP head studs installed and blocked the EGR valve. After reinstalling the 6 Gun it kept setting an EGR code and seemed to be defueling the truck. The 6 Gun was great before blocking off the EGR and they don't have an option to turn the EGR system off. I am going with an SCT tuner so I can shut the EGR off. I don't have any pics of the 6 Gun installed. :( All you could really see is where the PDA was mounted. I actually still have the Hi-Ram intake for the 03-04 PSD for sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts