Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving for 2 weeks now with no dash lights. I dont know what caused it but one day they just went out and have never came back on. All of the fuses are good I have traced the wires and found no shorts. Checked the switch and there is power there. There is no light from any of the gauges or the heat/ac control panel. I have pulled the dash apart and not found the problem.

So what do yall think. Keep in mind I know my way fairly well around auto wiring so I have hit the basics!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good luck with this question tried this fourm and many others with nothing...I am fighting that in my 2003 right now..still aint figured it out yet either....i also have no tail lights....

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
have you check the small things like fuses, lose grounds??

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Maybe the relay for the dash lights is shot? Every once in a while mine take a few seconds to turn on.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Check all the pinouts on the headlight switch. If the fuses are good and none of the dash lights come on. Thats the culprit. Im sure of it

·
Registered
286 Posts
i agree^, also for future reference, if your dash lights are out so are your tailights, this goes for all cars. its a safety thing, so you know your tails are out cause you wont know other wise.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
i agree^, also for future reference, if your dash lights are out so are your tailights, this goes for all cars. its a safety thing, so you know your tails are out cause you wont know other wise.
Not true. I had a similar problem with a chevy pickup no dash lights at all. Tail lights still functioned normally

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya um, my tail lights work fine!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
I think he meant that if there is a problem with the taillights the dash lights don't come on. I've never heard that before though. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I think he meant that if there is a problem with the taillights the dash lights don't come on. I've never heard that before though. :dunno:
Thats an 70's 80's vehicle thing

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Thats an 70's 80's vehicle thing
Oh. I have 2 80's vehicles but ive never had issues with the tail lights to test this out.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any ideas Dave?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Can you get your hands on another superduty headlight switch. I will almost gaurentee thats your problem

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really, I will find one and try it but I would have never thought of that!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
notice i used a :poke:
Notice you don't know that the :poke smiley doesn't have a ":" at the end of it.

Also notice that i used a :doh:

And i think another :doh: is necessary for the ":" at the end of your smiley code.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts