Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
I have a 93 D60 in mine it has smaller disc brakes but a nice ratcheting locker in it though.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes they did, IIRC it was around 92 that Ford switched the D60 from king pins to ball joints. Now if your referring to just OBS PSD then you would be correct as the D60 was ball joint by that time.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes but it won't bolt up like a Ford D60 will, you will need fab your own mounts and it will have that weird split shaft design.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a king-pin D60 from an '86 F-350, with track bar mount and U-bolt mounting plates. PM me if interested, it's in Binghamton, NY. It comes complete with long side-to-side tie rod, brake disks that are in very good shape, and calipers that are not seized. I will consider driving a few hours to deliver it for the cost of fuel and a few cases of beer. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On a side note, the 94 has ball joints and slider calipers, where as the 95-97 have bolt on calipers. If I were going to swap a 1994 Dana 60 into my 1997 truck, can I transfer the spindles or hubs over to the Dana 60 from the TTB Dana 50 to keep the larger brakes and bolt on calipers?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Only thing that will transfer is hubs unless d60 is 95-97, then hubs rotors calipers

·
Registered
215 Posts
If the hubs swap over why won't the brakes?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Different size rotors, and knuckle, spindle don't change tho

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ok... Will the knuckle interchange between the two since they are both Ball joint applications?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Knuckle swaps, spindles are same

·
Registered
215 Posts
Knuckle swaps, spindles are same
So... What I am getting at. Can I run my TTB big brake, ball joint setup on a 94 F350 D60 axle in place of the smaller brakes?

Just a FYI...you can use any SD 99 up axle on a OBS....we have whats needed.
I would if I didn't just buy a set of center caps and tires for my Alcoa's.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
If its a late 94 axle, if it has slide pin calipers you need the newer style knuckles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts